Serco is a specialist at delivering vital services on behalf of European, National and Local Governments.
Serco Europe employ’s a large workforce in Belgium, Luxembourg, France, Switzerland, Germany, Holland, Spain, Italy and the UK.
Our European operations have ca. 2,000 employees delivering critical services to public institutions throughout Europe.
Full details on application.
Relocation assistance provided (if applicable).
For our activities in EUMETSAT, we are currently looking for 3 Space Systems Engineers that will contribute to general system engineering activities:
· Analysis and trade off activities
· Preparation and maintenance of system technical specification.
· documentation of system design and justification
· ad hoc internal reviews
· system level formal reviews.
· ground segment level activities as required
· Support IV&V activities
· Satellite M&C
· Ensuring that operational aspects (from operations concept etc) are adequately reflected in the system technical specifications and design.
· Provide input and support to the customisation of the Packet Utilisation Standard (PUS) specific to EPS-SG and documentation of the results.
· Provide input and support to the customisation of other satellite related ECSS standards
· Requirements maintenance
· Maintain the system specification tree and baseline.
· Analyse new versions of lower level technical documents for coherence with system and incorporation into system baseline.
· Act as book captain for the System Requirements Document (SRD). Collating and analysing comments, proposed changes from internal and external reviews and making recommendations on new/updated requirements.
· Maintain the traceability of system requirements to higher and lower level specifications (using DOORs).
· ICD design and maintenance
· Implementation of any changes to the system model identified in order to aid the interface documentation.
· Coordination and definition of technical interfaces with the external partners and service providers
· Organise/hold meetings and workshops with external and major internal interface partners to establish interface details/agreements
· Generate and maintain the system Interface Control Documents (ICD).
· Maintenance of the EPS-SG system level model using the Vitech CORE modelling tool.
· Ensuring the model is up to date with any system level changes/evolution especially in the area of interfaces
· Configuration control and documentation of the system model
· Update of the model with respect to interfaces at system level
· Co-ordination with the ground segment for model updates to ensure consistency between system/ground segment
University degree in the domain of engineering, science, or equivalent.
Extensive experience in the field of engineering of space and/or ground systems.
In some or all of the following experience:
Experience of Satellite Monitoring and Control using ECSS PUS standards services.
Capability to prepare system requirements and design documents, and to perform system level analyses for complex polar satellite systems.
Experience of requirements management using formal configuration control procedures/processes.
Experience of writing technical requirements (preferably to ECSS standards)
Experience of establishing and maintaining traceability between different levels of technical specifications.
Experience of interface management and definition.
Familiarity with mechanisms and tools for detailed interface definition.
Demonstrated capability to prepare and manage ICD.
Experience in system modelling
Experience of interface management and definition.
One or more of the following:
Familiarity with the CORE design tool (from Vitech).
Familiarity with Model Based Systems Engineering (MBSE)
Experience with DOORs.
Any offer of employment is contingent upon you providing documents to verify your identity and employment eligibility, as required by law.
Applicants are reminded that they will be requested to produce such documentation during the recruitment process.
Please contact a member of the recruitment team if you require further details of acceptable types of documentation required for verification of identity and work authorization.
For positions located within the Darmstadt Support Office please note that only applicants with no family affiliation within the Company will be considered.
When creating a profile on the Serco Career Centre you agreed to the Data Protection policy, a copy is available upon request.
You may submit a written request revoking your consent to this agreement at any time.
About the company
Serco Services GmbH, part of the Serco group, A FTSE250, Multi-national Service Provider with over 60,000 employees worldwide.
Serco’s space heritage over the last 40 years has placed us in the Space News Top 50 Space Industry Manufacturing and Services Companies - We work alongside EUMETSAT and the European Space Agency, where we are the largest on-site service provider with ca. 300 staff.
What connects the ever growing Serco workforce is a passion for delivering great service – To keep ahead we have to constantly evolve and enhance the way we deliver our services and everyone in Serco has a role to play here.
Serco provide the right environment to encourage ideas and a comprehensive Best Practice support network that enables them to put their ideas into action.
If you share our values then join with over 60,000 colleagues globally who are equally as passionate about delivering great service as you