OQ Technology Sarl is looking for a candidate for a DSP Engineer role to be a part of a multi-disciplinary team at its facility in Luxembourg to participate in the development activities of the payload for its satellite mission.
Luxembourg (with the possibility to live in France/Germany)
Full Time – Permanent Employment
You will be the DSP Communications Engineer for the project and will be responsible for the DSP software and algorithm design for the telecommunication payload of OQ Technology’s first satellite mission. You will also work closely with a multi-disciplinary team and partially manage external partner activities. Below is a summary of the typical tasks required for this post:
• Work with a multi-disciplinary team with a wide range of skill sets including but not limited to: software development, firmware development, algorithms development data analysis, and RF design
• Explore modern wireless and Telecommunication standards.
• Explore modern techniques and unconventional methods for algorithm design and problem solving.
• Identify requirements, participate in design & specification generation activities.
• Design and implement of digital signal processing (DSP) algorithms for communication applications.
• Generate creative, technically sound solutions and rapidly prototype them to support proof-of-concept experiments.
• Model, simulate and Implement DSP algorithms in FPGAs from MATLAB and/or C/C++ or Python or equivalent languages.
• Collaborate with and partially manage external partners on the FPGA software design and development activities.
• Participate in project management and planning activities.
• Contribute to ESA management and technical documentation for project reviews.
• Candidate should be living in Europe or has EU citizenship.
• M.Sc. in Electronics/Electrical/Telecommunications Engineering or an equivalent qualification from a recognized institution
• 3+ years of experience as R&D Engineer for real-time DSP algorithms for 3GPP based protocols such as LTE, LTE-Advanced, CAT-M1, NB-IoT or 5G-NR, etc.
• Proven experience using industry standard simulation tools, such as MATLAB and/or C/C++,
• Good knowledge of scripting languages such as Shell, Python, etc.
• Experience with current telecommunication standards
• Proficiency in spoken and written English.
• Ph.D. in Electronics/Electrical/Telecommunications Engineering or an equivalent qualification from a recognized institution.
• Experience and contributions in one or more of the following telecommunications standards: I3GPP, GSMA.
• Experience with Software defined radio (SDR).
• Experience with communication modem design and development.
• Experience in satellite communication.
• Knowledge of VHDL/ Verilog for RTL design and verification.
• Demonstrated technical lead and/or project management experience.
• Self-starter and pro-active.
• Ability to adapt to change in an entrepreneurial environment.
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
• Ability to work autonomously as well as part of a team.
OQ Technology is an innovative company and a front runner in the global race of building a global satellite constellation for Internet-of-Things communication. We work closely with the European Space Agency, government institutes, and our global customers. At our company you will have a great opportunity to overtake large responsibility to build and innovate from scratch. You will be at the centre of decision making and will interface directly with industry and business professionals all around the world, an opportunity which is rarely offered in traditional corporates.
Thanks to low income tax benefits in Luxembourg, we offer a very attractive and competitive compensation package for individuals and families. Luxembourg represents an attractive place for expats with a diverse international atmosphere. Due to flexible EU regulations, many expats live in France/Germany and can still be employed by Luxembourg (border-crossing).
We offer a great opportunity for you to grow and develop and make your dreams come true. If you are looking for a challenge and looking for being part of new technology innovation in the world of satellite telecommunications, OQ Technology is the right place to be.
Please send your CV and any other documents supporting your application to: email@example.com