OQ Technology Sarl is looking for a candidate for a FPGA Design Engineer role to be a part of a multi-disciplinary team at its facility in Luxembourg to participate in the development activities of the payload and user terminals for its satellite mission.
You will be the principal FPGA engineer for the project and will be responsible for the FPGA software design on the payload of the OQ Technology’s satellite mission. You will also work closely with and partially manage external partner activities. Below is a summary of the typical tasks required for this post:
• Work with a multi-disciplinary team with a wide range of skill sets including but not limited to: software development, firmware development, data analysis, and RF design
• Explore modern wireless and Telecommunication standards
• Explore modern techniques and unconventional methods for algorithm design and problem solving
• Identify requirements, participate in design & specification generation activities
• Design and implement of digital signal processing (DSP) algorithms for communication applications
• Generate creative, technically sound solutions and rapidly prototype them to support proof-of-concept experiments
• Implement algorithms in FPGAs from MATLAB or C/C++ or Python or equivalent languages
• Collaborate with and partially manage external partners on the FPGA software design and development activities.
• Participate in project management and planning activities.
• Contribute to ESA management and technical documentation for project reviews.
• Candidate should be living in Europe or has EU citizenship.
• M.Sc. in Electronics/Electrical/Telecommunications Engineering or an equivalent qualification from a recognized institution
• 5+ years of experience with IPCore design and development for Telecommunication 3GPP based protocols such as LTE, LTE-Advanced, CAT-M1, NB-IoT or 5G-NR, etc.
• Proven knowledge in VHDL/Verilog for FPGA development
• Experience using industry standard FPGA synthesis tools, such as Xilinx Vivado or Altera Quartus, to synthesize RTL code written in VHDL or Verilog into a working FPGA
• Experience with industry standard HDL simulators and functional verification tools
• In-depth knowledge about processor interfaces, high-speed interfaces, high-speed memory subsystems
• Multi-clock domain design
• Debugging experience at the board, RTL, and simulation level
• Experience in working with current telecommunication standards
• Knowledge of Object Oriented Programming, scripting language and MS-Office.
• Proficiency in spoken and written English.
• Ph.D. in Electronics/Electrical/Telecommunications Engineering or an equivalent qualification from a recognized institution
• Experience and contributions in one or more of the following telecommunications standards: I3GPP, GSMA
• Experience with communication modem design and development.
• Experience in satellite communication.
• Demonstrated technical lead and/or project management experience.
• Self-starter and pro-active.
• Ability to adapt to change in an entrepreneurial environment.
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
• Ability to work autonomously as well as part of a team.
OQ Technology is an innovative company and a front runner in the global race of building a global satellite constellation for Internet-of-Things communication. We work closely with the European Space Agency, government institutes, and our global customers. At our company you will have a great opportunity to overtake large responsibility to build and innovate from scratch. You will be at the centre of decision making and will interface directly with industry and business professionals all around the world, an opportunity which is rarely offered in traditional corporates.
Thanks to low income tax benefits in Luxembourg, we offer a very attractive and competitive compensation package for individuals and families. Luxembourg represents an attractive place for expats with a diverse international atmosphere.
We offer a great opportunity for you to grow and develop and make your dreams come true. If you are looking for a challenge and looking for being part of new technology innovation in the world of satellite telecommunications, OQ Technology is the right place to be.
Please send your CV and any other documents supporting your application to: firstname.lastname@example.org