To ensure the successful production of current generation navigation spacecraft, and shape the future of navigation systems development, we are looking for an intermediate to senior Satellite Navigation Payload Engineer with RF/Microwave specialty. You work closely with spacecraft systems, structural, thermal, and Assembly Integration and Test engineering to ensure satisfactory navigation payload performance through all project phases.
Your tasks include:
• Support the development and analysis/trade-off methodology in navigation payloads (Phase B+)
• Perform navigation payload sub-systems and systems simulations, trade-offs, and performance analysis. Defend technical assessments internally and to customer.
• Support the definition and optimization of AIV methodology (from unit to spacecraft level) and perform the associated data analysis/evaluation/reporting as required.
• Review and assess supplier documentation and participate in review meetings (design, qualification, test-readiness, post-test, acceptance, etc.) as customer.
• Support test campaigns by analyzing measured payload performance and assessing/troubleshooting anomalies/non-conformances. Analyze any non-conformances for system impact and gain approval from customer.
• Support the technical interface to Galileo ground/system segments.
• Intermediate to senior level experience in the development and manufacturing of RF/microwave equipment (Filters, Antennas, etc) and systems.
• Knowledge in the analysis and test of high power RF phenomenon (Multipactor, Corona, PIM).
• Degree in Electrical/Electronic Engineering, Telecommunications, Physics, or comparable discipline.
• Self-managed and pro-active working style.
• Working level proficiency in written and spoken English. German or other EU language skills advantageous.
• A dynamic and motivated international team
• High degree of scope for creativity, independence and self-initiative
• Flat hierarchies and a huge grade of flexibility
• Attractive benefits such as flexible work time, sport activities, relocation support