Where others see barriers, we see opportunities.
Do you enjoy supporting customers realizing breakthrough value? Do you stay attuned to your customers’ needs and visions? Do you like to work openly and supportively together with your colleagues and customers? Our work involves many different minds and skills, it can’t be done alone.
It's a great time being SES.
SES is the world-leading satellite operator providing end-to-end communication solutions. SES leads across new technologies in video, enterprise, mobility and government
We are a team of people coming from all across the globe who work together to make a real difference in the world.
• We help to bridge the digital divide by connecting millions of people on the African continent.
• We make it possible for people to stay connected while flying 10km up on a commercial airplane. We provide extensive satellite coverage of all of the world’s seas and ocean regions via our dedicated mobility beams
• We distribute 7,400 channels to more than 1 billion people in 317 million homes.
• We work together with our partners to develop new standards that transform how people consume and enjoy entertainment
SES is looking for a talented technician/engineer to control the expanding fleet. If you are searching for an international and dynamic environment and interested in taking responsibility and growing - you can find it at SES.
• Being part of a team which safeguards the health of the SES/O3b satellites on a 24/7 basis
• Monitoring and analysis of satellite telemetry data
• Commanding of satellites for all required operations
• Mastering all routine operations and acquire a sound knowledge of the initial steps of anomaly recognition and recovery; in particular execution of station keeping manoeuvres and monitoring satellites through the seasonal eclipse periods
• Work in close relationship with the Satellite Engineering Department to ensure health and safety of the satellite fleet. Provide support to the Customer Service Delivery Team to provide highest service availability and quality to SES/O3b Customers
• Provide required reports on a daily and weekly basis
• You will receive intensive training and be certified to work as a SES Satellite Controller
Experience / Qualifications
• Technical/engineering degree in electronics, aeronautics or equivalent qualifications
• Previous working experience in this field (GEO, MEO or LEO) would be an asset
• Software skills are considered as an advantage
• Fluency in spoken and written English language (any other language being an asset)
• Good analytical skills
• Flexibility, reliability and readiness to work without direct supervision
• Error-free performance in high stress situations
• Excellent self-motivational qualities, good communication skills and being a team-player
• Willingness to work on shift
• Valid work permit is considered as an advantage
We offer you
• A diverse workplace. For SES, diversity is more than a question of gender or race; we welcome different minds and different skills
• An exciting job opportunity in a fast moving and fascinating industry. Our technology is launching into space on the next generation of rockets
• Opportunities to further grow and develop in a global and growing company; we believe life-long learning is key to bring the best of SES worldwide
• A competitive compensation package linked to your performance and further completed with attractive benefits
SES is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.