(Junior) IT System administrator (m/f) Ref. No. 18_002
The high-tech and innovative Terma Group develops products and systems for defense, non-defense and security applications, including command and control systems, radar systems, self-protection systems for aircraft and vessels, space technology, and aerostructures for the aircraft industry.
Terma is headquartered at Aarhus, Denmark. Internationally, Terma has subsidiaries and operations in The Netherlands, Germany, France, United Kingdom, United Arab Emirates, India, Singapore and the U.S.
The Space Business Area contributes with mission-customized software and hardware products including power systems and star trackers as well as services to support a number of in-orbit pioneering European scientific and Earth observation satellite missions. Additionally, Terma is contracted for the development and delivery of software and hardware systems and services for numerous ongoing and future European, and international missions.
Terma Space operates out of Denmark, The Netherlands, France, Germany, and the UK.
For our office in Darmstadt, Germany, we are seeking for an (Junior) IT System administrator.
As a member of Terma IT, you will provide local IT support to Terma employees and projects. The duties range from basic helpdesk for local users (Lenovo/Windows), project support (SLES system deployment and
administration) and infrastructure maintenance (VMware, SAN/NAS).
Your tasks will typically include but are not limited to:
- High level management of the current platform, suggesting
improvements and deploying new systems and services under
- Installation and configuration of operating system and other software,
tuning of operating, preparing virtual machine templates;
- Administration of user accounts;
- Support to SW development and maintenance in relation to the
utilization of system resources, maintenance of continuous integration
- Implementation and maintenance of scripts and/or procedures where
applicable for the automated and/or controlled execution of the above
activities, generation or update of technical documentation in relation to
- Monitoring of the system performance, investigation of HW and system
SW problems and performance of the relevant corrective actions;
- In the performance of the activities you shall apply the relevant change
control and maintenance procedures;
This is a full time position, located at our office in Darmstadt, Germany, starting ASAP. Standby / call-out support and provision of support to critical operations, may sometimes be required.
Qualifications & Competencies
Applicants shall have a university degree in computer science (or equivalent).
You should have proven knowledge and work experience on:
- GNU/Linux administration using different distributions (SLES / RHEL /
- Virtualization technologies (VMware Vcenter);
- Windows Helpdesk and hardware maintenance;
- Basic networking;
In addition, experience in the installation, administration and troubleshooting on some of the following shall be considered as an advantage:
- VMware vCenter / PowerVC management and troubleshooting;
- OpenStack / Ansible knowledge;
- Network troubleshooting;
- The work is organized using a ticketing system (POB) therefore,
previous experience on helpdesk and ticket handling is an advantage;
- ITIL Experience.
What can Terma offer
At Terma, we consider skilled employees, enthusiasm and job satisfaction as the very foundation of our success and as a prerequisite for the development of the “best-in-class” solutions that Terma provides. We lead the way in applying new technology, offering a wide range of growth opportunities for each individual and emphasizing mutual respect across the board in our workplace.
Terma offers you a pleasant working environment at the customer site, where you will be able to take on challenging tasks and responsibilities in a highly professional company.
- Great opportunities for training and personal development
- Challenges in advanced technical environment
- International and cosmopolitan working atmosphere
- An employment contract with an attractive package with extra-legal
- Highly competitive salary
For further information, please contact Mrs. Raluca Moise by telephone [+49 6151 860050] or by email [firstname.lastname@example.org].
To ensure that your application will reach us and is properly processed please apply through the link https://www.epos.dk/REK/Terma/Joblist/ShowJobOffer.aspx?dbalias=EposREC_Terma&lang=en&jobOfferEntityId=1369&joblistId=1 with a Cover Letter and a up-to-date Curriculum Vitae in Europass format (https://europass.cedefop.europa.eu/en/home)
Closing date: August 31st, 2018
Please note that applicants must hold all appropriate documentation and permits to work in Europe.