For our customer, the European Space Agency (ESA), we are seeking to recruit an experienced space Ground Segment AIV Engineer to work at ESA’s ESTEC site in Noordwijk, in the Netherlands.
You will be assigned to the Galileo Project within the ESA/ESTEC’s Directorate of Navigation providing support to Ground Segment AIV (Assembly, Integration and Validation) in the frame of Galileo Ground Mission Segment (GMS). This includes:
• Support coordination meetings with other Galileo sites (Fucino and Oberpfaffenhofen) in all aspects related to AIV (test activities, anomalies, remote sites, installation and deployment, migration of elements). This includes follow-up during the week of the activities agreed and reporting of status at the end of the week.
• Support the ARB (Anomaly Review Board) and System NRBs in all aspects related to anomalies or NCRs from GMS, including:
• Follow up of the actions allocated to the different stakeholders (Ground Segment, OPS, System, ILS)
• Input for preparation of the agenda selecting the most critical anomalies
•• Check of the status of the Anomaly Reports (ARs) including their closure by successful test by Directorate of Operations (OPS) personnel (operational validation, see below)
•• Follow up and evaluation of workarounds proposed by Segment prime contractor while anomalies are being corrected (see below)
• Support the GCC CCBs (Change Control Board) of both Fucino and Oberpfaffenhofen, including:
•• Follow up of the configuration of the deployed ground segment in both OPE and VAL chains
•• Maintenance of a CCR (Configuration Change Request) dashboard for OPE and VAL Chains with the updated status of implementation
• Support the Workaround Check Point Meeting.
• Contribute to various reporting to upper management on status of GMS, AIV and infrastructure deployed in GCCs and remote sites.
Support to GMS AIV engineering:
• AIV Engineering - Review AIV documentation (AIV Plans, RVMs, Test Cases)
• Follow up of GMS Segment Tests (in AIV Factory in Stuttgart; in GCC-I Fucino ; and in GCC-D in Oberpfaffenhofen)
•• Review and acceptance of Test Procedures
•• Support TRRs and ensure that planned testing is correct in terms of qualification objectives, configuration, and adequacy of the Test Procedures. Decide on go/no-go for start of formal testing based on those criteria
•• Witness dry runs and formal test execution on site and in factory if needed
• Contribute to Segment Qualification by
•• providing confirmation that requirements have been correctly verified by the test runs
•• Follow-up of non-conformances found during test, and prepare inputs for the relevant NRBs.
•• Follow-up of non-regression test campaigns and repetition of tests to maintain qualification credits
• Support delivery of new releases of the Segment (DRB – Delivery Review Board) by
•• Follow up of deployment of element SW and HW in the GCC
•• Follow up the corresponding verification test campaign
•• Follow up the configuration audit
•• Ensure that non-conformances and RFWs/RFDs are properly described and treated
•• Support the DRB meeting
Support to System Verification Activities:
• Support the following types of System Verification activities:
•• Ground Segment Integration (including Mission Planning)
•• System Functional Tests
•• Tests of External Interfaces
•• SCTC (System Compatibility Test Campaigns)
•• Secure IOT (S-IOT) and SV Introduction tests
•• Event Centralization tests
by performing the following tasks:
•• Review the corresponding documentation (System RVMs, System AIV Plans, System Test Cases and Test Procedures)
•• Participation in the test activities (attend TRRs and TRBs, perform or witness test execution, review qualification test results and test logs)
•• Participation in NRBs/ARBs analyzing non-compliances and RFWs
•• Identify and report on anomalies impacting System activities and provide support for follow-up and resolution
•• Coordination with GCS for alignment of baseline
Liaison with ESA’s Directorate of Operations (OPS):
• Follow up of OPS validation activities in VAL Chain
• Follow up of OPS activities in OPE Chain
• Coordination with OPS to facilitate GMS L2 maintenance in OPE Chain
• Ensure anomaly reports and limitations are properly followed up by the ground segment contractor
This is a full time position located at ESTEC, Noordwijk, The Netherlands.
Frequent travel to other Galileo locations to follow other test campaigns, infrastructure deployment, project reviews or progress meetings will be required:
• GCC-I (Galileo Control Centre of Fucino, Italy)
• GCC-D in Oberpfaffenhofen,
• AIV Platform placed in Ditzingen, Germany
• AIV Platform placed in Toulouse, France
The requested start of work is 1st October 2018.
Qualifications & Competencies
Applicants shall have a Master’s degree in Electrical Engineering, Aerospace Engineering, Telecommunications Engineering or similar.
Essential skills are:
• At least 5 years of demonstrated experience working in integration/verification of large, distributed ground segments, preferably in space, aircraft, or military projects
• Experience in Satellite Navigation, Galileo project and its Ground Segment.
• Good IT knowledge of modern client/server system, network security functions. End-to-end knowledge of complex data processing and real time systems.
• Proven experiences with IT systems, real-time (RT) OS and IP networks, MS Office Tools, requirements management and integration/verification.
• Fluency in English, both in speech and writing, with excellent communication, reporting and presentation skills
• Self-motivation, ability to work in international teams distributed throughout Europe
• Good knowledge of operational environment and of needs of operators.
• Experience at system level, system thinking.
The following are additional assets:
• Familiarity with satellite control systems, in particular SCOS-2000
• Some experience dealing with security environments
• Capability for frequent travelling within Europe
• The ability to multi-task efficiently; working on multiple activities, multiple subsystems and if applicable multiple missions simultaneously.
NOTE: Candidates must be eligible for, or ideally already in the possession of, security clearance.
What can Terma Offer?
At Terma, we consider skilled employees, enthusiasm and job satisfaction as the very foundation of our success and as a prerequisite for the development of the “best-in-class” solutions that Terma provides. We lead the way in applying new technology, offering a wide range of growth opportunities for each individual and emphasizing mutual respect across the board in our workplace.
Terma offers you a pleasant working environment at the customer site, where you will be able to take on challenging tasks and responsibilities in a highly professional company.
• Great opportunities for training and personal development
• Challenges in advanced technical environment
• International and cosmopolitan working atmosphere
• An employment contract with an attractive package with extra-legal benefits
• Highly competitive salary
• Support on re-location (if applicable)
Recruitment is depending on successful selection by the customer.
To ensure that your application will reach us and is properly processed, please apply exclusively through our website http://www.terma.com/careers/jobs/ and upload a cover Letter explaining your background and expertise, as well as your earliest date of availability, and an up-to-date Curriculum Vitae.
For further information, please contact Mr. Simon Mills
by telephone [+31 6 2326 2398] or by email [email@example.com].
Closing date: July 23rd 2018
Please note the following Legal & Security requirements:
Applicants must hold all appropriate permits to work in the EU.
Applicants are required to provide a copy of their ID/passport and degree/higher education certificate. Terma will validate the certificate with the issuing authority.
A Certificate of Good Conduct or equivalent will be applied for at commencement of employment.