Software Product Assurance Engineer – ESTEC, Ref no: 18 17025
The high-tech and innovative Terma Group develops products and systems for defence, non-defence and security applications, including command and control systems, radar systems, self-protection systems for aircraft and vessels, space technology, and aero-structures for the aircraft industry.
Terma is headquartered at Aarhus, Denmark. Internationally, Terma has subsidiaries and operations in The Netherlands, Germany, United Kingdom, United Arab Emirates, India, Singapore and the U.S.
The Space Business Area contributes with mission-customized software and hardware products including power systems and star trackers as well as services to support a number of in-orbit pioneering European scientific and Earth observation satellite missions. Additionally, Terma is contracted for the development and delivery of software and hardware systems and services for numerous ongoing and future European, and international missions.
Terma Space operates out of Denmark, The Netherlands, Germany, and the UK.
For our customer, ESA/ESTEC, we are seeking an experienced Software Product Assurance Engineer to work at ESTEC, in Noordwijk, The Netherlands.
You will be assigned to the Software Product Assurance Section within the Directorate of Technical and Quality Management.
You will provide support to ESA projects in the areas of monitoring & assessing the implementation of the Software PA & Safety Programme. This includes support to any or all of the following activities:
• Contribute the establishing of the programmatic and technical software PA requirements within the framework of the ESA Software policy.
• Evaluate Contractors’ plans, technical specifications and efforts proposed for the execution of S/W PA programme.
• Monitor and evaluate S/W PA analyses, reports and technical notes.
• Participation to project reviews, meetings, Configuration Control Boards, Non-Conformance Review Boards and Software Review Boards.
• Prepare design trade-offs, analyses and reports using metrics to support project decisions.
• Participate to software product evaluations and process assessments.
• Establish and maintain databases to track NCRs, RFWs, action items etc. as required.
This is a full time position located at ESTEC, Noordwijk, The Netherlands.
The requested period of work is October 2018.
Qualifications & Competencies
The successful candidate will have:
• Master’s degree in software engineering or computer science with background on space engineering.
• 10+ years of relevant professional work experience.
• Familiarity with space product assurance practices together with a good working knowledge of appropriate working tools.
• Practical experience in applying ECSS S/W standards.
• Knowledge and proven experience in the following areas:
• Configuration management of complex systems.
• Software engineering and PA in critical applications.
What can Terma Offer?
At Terma, we consider skilled employees, enthusiasm and job satisfaction as the very foundation of our success and as a prerequisite for the development of the “best-in-class” solutions that Terma provides. We lead the way in applying new technology, offering a wide range of growth opportunities for each individual and emphasizing mutual respect across the board in our workplace.
Terma offers you a pleasant working environment at the customer site, where you will be able to take on challenging tasks and responsibilities in a highly professional company.
• Great opportunities for training and personal development
• Challenges in advanced technical environment
• International and cosmopolitan working atmosphere
• An employment contract with an attractive package with extra-legal benefits
• Highly competitive salary
Recruitment is depending on successful selection by the customer.
To ensure that your application will reach us and is properly processed, please apply exclusively through our website http://www.terma.com/careers/jobs/ and upload a cover Letter explaining your background and expertise, as well as your earliest date of availability, and an up-to-date Curriculum Vitae.
For further information, please contact Mr. Simon Mills
by telephone [+31 6 2326 2398] or by email [email@example.com].
Closing date: August 23rd 2018
Please note the following Legal & Security requirements:
• Applicants must hold all appropriate permits to work in the EU.
• Applicants are required to provide a copy of their ID/passport and degree/higher education certificate. Terma will validate the certificate with the issuing authority.
• A Certificate of Good Conduct or equivalent will be applied for at commencement of employment.