Where others see barriers, we see opportunities.
Do you enjoy supporting customers realizing breakthrough value? Do you stay attuned to your customers’ needs and visions? Do you like to work openly and supportively together with your colleagues and customers? Our work involves many different minds and skills, it can’t be done alone.
It's a great time being SES.
SES is the world-leading satellite operator providing end-to-end communication solutions. SES leads across new technologies in video, enterprise, mobility and government
We are a team of people coming from all across the globe who work together to make a real difference in the world.
• We help to bridge the digital divide by connecting millions of people on the African continent.
• We make it possible for people to stay connected while flying 10km up on a commercial airplane. We provide extensive satellite coverage of all of the world’s seas and ocean regions via our dedicated mobility beams
• We distribute 7,400 channels to more than 1 billion people in 317 million homes.
• We work together with our partners to develop new standards that transform how people consume and enjoy entertainment.
Engineer, Satellite Telecommunications Systems
Luxembourg - Betzdorf
The Engineer, Satellite Telecommunications Systems translates customer and business requirements into technical system concepts that are centered around or include satellites. Such concepts shall be based on solid engineering knowledge and experience
• Synthesize end-to-end satellite-centric system designs that meet customer requirements
• Perform trade-offs of different architectures according to customer requirements
• Act as System Designer of space and terrestrial systems as designated by management
• Perform due diligences, validation tests and audits on prospective and existing suppliers of space and ground assets
• Execute studies to pave SES’s path to the business expansion and diversification as mandated in the strategic plan
• Maintain awareness of development of space and ground hardware in line with the company’s strategic plan
• Provide support to innovation activities in the respective area of expertise
• Act as System Architect for specific projects
• Act as Account Holder to internal customer as required
• Interact with customer-facing entities as required
• Create engineering tools to assist in the development of the system and later utilisation
• University diploma in telecommunications or related field, higher degree (MSc). PHD being an asset
• Theoretical knowledge of satellite and associated technologies, telecommunications networks, digital signal processing and RF transmission systems. Practical experience being an asset
• Experience in satellite manufacturing industry is desired
• Sound analytical skills, innovative mind, result orientation, abstraction skills, coordination & priority setting facility, problem solving, project & time management, vendor and customer relation skills, diplomatic skills as well as the ability to provide practical conclusions
• Communication skills and ability to explain technical subjects efficiently
• Writing skills for technical documentation including specifications and studies
• Ability to interface with business line, interdisciplinary teams and to work both autonomously and in teams
• Diligence in taking responsibility for work packages and delivery
• Willingness to integrate into an international environment
• Fluency in English (any other language being an asset)
We offer you
• A diverse workplace. For SES, diversity is more than a question of gender or race; we welcome different minds and different skills.
• An exciting job opportunity in a fast moving and fascinating industry. Our technology is launching into space on the next generation of rockets.
• Opportunities to further grow and develop in a global and growing company; we believe life-long learning is key to bring the best of SES worldwide.
• A competitive compensation package linked to your performance and further completed with attractive benefits.
SES is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.