Position Reference: 102
RHEA Group is currently recruiting a Software Engineer to support our Ground Segment Solutions team at our premises in Harwell, UK.
Tasks and Activities
As a Software Development for Space Applications, your envisaged tasks and activities include:
• Software development activities for applications and tools in the frame of RHEA’s ground segment satellite control space projects.
• Taking ownership of technical issues, and working closely with the Development Team to resolve more advanced issues where necessary
• Ensuring timely bug fixes and communication to customers
Skills and Experience
The following skills and experience are mandatory:
• You have a university degree in Software Engineering or equivalent.
• You have at least 3 years of demonstrated experience in software engineering
• You have strong knowledge of object-oriented and service-oriented design techniques.
• You have a required experience using:
● Eclipse RCP
● Continuous Integration using Jenkins, Nexus and GIT
• You have a desired experience using:
● Automated Testing Frameworks
● C++ development experience
● Middleware technologies – for example - JMS, CORBA
● User interface design
• You are client-oriented, dynamic and proactive. You are willing to provide user interaction and support.
• You have excellent communications skills, with very good written and spoken English.
• You are able to work within a team.
• You have previous experience with Mission Control Systems, preferably based on ESA’s SCOS 2000.
How to Apply
Looking to take your career to the next level? Interested applicants should submit their CV and Cover Letter to RHEA Group’s Recruitment team at firstname.lastname@example.org no later than 31/12/2018.
Preference will be given to candidates eligible for an EU or national personal security clearance at the level of SECRET or above.
About RHEA Group
RHEA Group is a leading engineering consultancy firm with demonstrated expertise in space, system- and secure software solutions.
We attract skilled engineers, scientists and management professionals; and offer a range of exciting career paths working alongside clients such as the European Space Agency, the European GNSS Agency, EUMETSAT and NATO.