The high-tech and innovative Terma Group develops products and systems for defense, non-defense and security applications, including command and control systems, radar systems, self-protection systems for aircraft and vessels, space technology, and aerostructures for the aircraft industry.
Terma is headquartered at Aarhus, Denmark. Internationally, Terma has subsidiaries and operations in The Netherlands, Germany, France, United Kingdom, United Arab Emirates, India, Singapore and the U.S.
The Space Business Area contributes with mission-customized software and hardware products including power systems and star trackers as well as services to support a number of in-orbit pioneering European scientific and Earth observation satellite missions. Additionally, Terma is contracted for the development and delivery of software and hardware systems and services for numerous ongoing and future European, and international missions.
Terma Space operates out of Denmark, The Netherlands, Germany, France and the UK.
We are looking a Software Integration and Verification Engineer to join our Ground Software Systems group in Darmstadt, Germany. You will be responsible for integration and verification testing primarily of spacecraft Mission Control Systems (MCS) software. Mission Control Systems are the primary tool used by satellite operators for monitoring and controlling spacecraft. The position includes integration and verification testing of other space-related ground segment elements such as Flight Dynamics and Mission Planning Systems. In addition to preparing and executing application software test procedures, the work requires good technical skills such as the ability to debug software, install and deploy complex software applications, and to develop automated test scripts.
As a Software Integration and Verification Engineer, your tasks will typically include:
- Integration of the various components of a MCS. This includes building new software versions, software installation and deployment, software configuration, adjustment of interfaces, analysis and solution to problems.
- Generation and updates of test plans and test procedures, covering functional testing, performance and non-regression testing (both manual and automated testing).
- Generation of test data that facilitate the software testing.
- Execution and coordination of formal software verification and non-regression testing campaigns. This activity includes running the test procedures on the target system, generation of test reports, analysis of results, troubleshooting of problems.
- Contribute, with the support of software developers, to the investigation of software problems, interacting with users (such as mission control system operators) when needed to understand the problems.
- Follow-up reported problems to ensure that they are handled correctly by the maintenance teams, and that the provided changes correctly resolve the problem.
- Contribute to development of the verification infrastructure: development of scripts / tools to perform installation checks, non-regression, functional and performance testing. Analysis and implementation of mechanisms or tools allowing the automatic or semi-automatic verification testing of the application software.
- Maintaining the verification status of the application software traced to the requirements baseline.
- Documentation: generation and updates of technical documents, such as installation manuals, user manuals and test reports.
- Provide support to end users of the MCS, including customer support.
- Participation to technical, progress and team meetings.
This is a full-time position located in Darmstadt, Germany, to start as soon as possible.
Qualifications & Competencies
Applicants shall have a university degree (or equivalent) in Computer Science or similar.
The ideal candidate will have the following skills and experience:
- Experience with software testing;
- Ability to understand and use complex software systems;
- Familiarity with Linux operating system usage as a user and developer;
- Experience with software build systems, including using maven;
- Experience with software configuration management tools, including git and subversion;
- Scripting languages, including bash and python;
Knowledge and experience with some or all of the following will be a distinct advantage:
- Knowledge of mission control systems, their environment and the relevant software infrastructure on which they are built. The environment includes areas such as mission planning, automation, operational database, archiving, data distribution, etc.;
- Knowledge of ESA software infrastructure products - MICONYS, SIMULUS;
- Knowledge and experience in the space engineering methodology and standards, in particular ECSS and/or CCSDS;
- Competence in software development using languages such as C, C++, Java, UML, XML, SQL;
- Familiarity with software debugging, for example using gdb, and software profiling tools;
- Familiarity with the software development environments and systems, including eclipse;
- Knowledge of DOORS;
- Fluency in English (written and spoken) is mandatory. You will have the capability to work in teams, while at the same time being a self-starter, able to work independently with little supervision.
Due to the variety of the tasks and the scope of the systems to be supported, you should be able to quickly adapt to changes in assignments, manage tasks in an efficient way, and demonstrate a high degree of independence and autonomy. You must have excellent analytical skills, and be effective working within a small team, and have good presentation and communication skills.
You should be able to conduct all your activities in an orderly and disciplined manner, encouraging a friendly and collaborative working environment, demonstrating capabilities in applying principles, handling critical discourse, and be open to discussing and sharing solutions with others. Moreover you must be able to participate actively in technical meetings and/or formal reviews and activity assessments.
What can Terma offer
At Terma, we consider skilled employees, enthusiasm and job satisfaction as the very foundation of our success and as a prerequisite for the development of the “best-in-class” solutions that Terma provides. We lead the way in applying new technology, offering a wide range of growth opportunities for each individual and emphasizing mutual respect across the board in our workplace.
Terma offers you a pleasant working environment at the customer site, where you will be able to take on challenging tasks and responsibilities in a highly professional company.
- Great opportunities for training and personal development
- Challenges in advanced technical environment
- International and cosmopolitan working atmosphere
- An employment contract with an attractive package with extra-legal
- Highly competitive salary
Recruitment is depending on successful selection by the customer.
For further information, please contact Mrs. Raluca Moise by telephone [+49 6151 860050] or by email [email@example.com].
To ensure that your application will reach us and is properly processed please apply through the link https://www.terma.com/careers/jobs/?hr=show-job%2F37252%26locale%3Den_US with a Cover Letter and a up-to-date Curriculum Vitae in Europass format (https://europass.cedefop.europa.eu/en/home)
Closing date: January 30th, 2019
Please note that applicants must hold all appropriate documentation and permits to work in Europe.
This Privacy Notice covers any personal data you submit to Terma for the recruiting process, including e.g.:
- Your name, contact details and application status
- Information included in your CV or cover letter, such as job history, academic background, skills and competencies, personal interests, languages spoken, and your photo
- Job preferences and type of employment sought
- Names and contact details for references