Are you a Polyglot who loves using the right language / tool for the job? Do you come from a simulations background and interested in learning about satellites, space and the software that enables the satellites to operate? Then this is the role for you!
The division you will be joining is comprised of transnational departments (UK, France and Germany). The division provides a central competence for Simulator development, on-board software testing & product development for spacecraft platforms, payloads and equipment. You will be trained in the expertise of creating simulations to simulate in orbit operations and validate on-board software simulations. You will be getting your teeth into complex challenges and architecture.
Within the simulator domain, we are responsible for developing and maintaining numerical simulators used for the functional validation of satellite and rovers:
• Verification of the Guidance Navigation and Control algorithms and performance in closed loop
• Development and validation of the on-board software
• Validation of the spacecraft functional chains and interfaces (software and hardware)
Although this role is based in the UK, the transnational team operates across 3 countries (France, Germany and UK) and as such you must be able to travel on average 3-4 times a year.
The successful candidate will need to be eligible to gain UK SC Security Clearance to undertake the role. As a Simulations Engineer you will design, develop and integrate specific modules of the simulator (e.g. functional models of spacecraft equipment) as well as support end-users with existing simulators functionality (training and bug fixes).
You will be responsible for Technical requirements analysis, Software design and implementation (C++ and Linux), System integration and Testing and delivery (Java)
This job requires an awareness of any potential compliance risks and a commitment to act with integrity, as the foundation for the Company’s success, reputation and sustainable growth.
• Development and testing of numerical simulators (aerospace / automotive / telecoms / equipment / moving objects / other related experience will be considered)
• Development of functional models
• Excellent experience in C++ and Java software development
• Working knowledge of Linux OS and Eclipse SDE
• Source code management using SVN / GIT (branching, merging, vendor branch etc.)
• Bug-tracking systems (i.e. Redmine or other)
• Continuous Integration methods and associated tools/technologies (Jenkins)
• Test Driven Development (TDD)
Airbus is committed to achieving workforce diversity and creating an inclusive working environment. We welcome all applications irrespective of social and cultural background, age, gender, disability, sexual orientation or religious belief.