Do you love working in an ever evolving environment? Up for the challenge and rewarding situation of growing and shaping a new team of developers? Are you a person that enjoys empowering your team to build effective relationships and software? Want to shake up the "we've always done it that way" mentality? Then this is the role for you!
Due to organic growth and new projects within Airbus we are looking for a Lead Software Engineer.
The division you will be joining is comprised of transnational departments (UK, France and Germany). The division provides a central competence for Simulator development, on-board software testing & product development for spacecraft platforms, payloads and equipment.
Within the simulator domain we are responsible for producing the infrastructure that enables successful spacecraft avionics programmes. We have a number of existing and new innovative projects that require a software design lead to oversee the technologies, tools and techniques used within the team that shapes the design of high quality software and new products.
Although this role is based in the UK, the transnational team operates across 3 countries (France, Germany and UK) and as such you must be able to travel on average 3/4 times a year on average although one should expect more initially for training purpose.
The successful candidate will need to be eligible to gain UK SC Security Clearance to undertake the role. As an experienced, talented and creative software engineer you will apply your problem solving and software engineering skills towards the designing, architecting and development of complex software solutions for the spacecraft industry.
This role starts off with coding and then progresses into a hands-on Lead role focusing on a mixture of coding and mentoring of team members.
You will be responsible for leading the software development whilst seeding your experience and approach within the team.
This job requires an awareness of any potential compliance risks and a commitment to act with integrity, as the foundation for the Company’s success, reputation and sustainable growth.
• Object Oriented analysis & design using UML (or similar)
• An expert level of knowledge on numerous technologies, predominately Java
• Desktop application / Desktop tool development using a client / server architecture
• Excellent verbal and written communication and presentation skills, with an ability to explain technical things to non-technical people
• Knowledge of machine-to-machine communication protocols
• Strong software development process knowledge
• Best practice design patterns and effective coding practices
• A good knowledge of development domains, frameworks and utilities
• Working with Unix / Linux
Airbus is committed to achieving workforce diversity and creating an inclusive working environment. We welcome all applications irrespective of social and cultural background, age, gender, disability, sexual orientation or religious belief.