The high-tech and innovative Terma Group develops products and systems for defense, non-defense and security applications, including command and control systems, radar systems, self-protection systems for aircraft and vessels, space technology, and aerostructures for the aircraft industry.
Terma is headquartered at Aarhus, Denmark. Internationally, Terma has subsidiaries and operations in The Netherlands, Germany, United Kingdom, United Arab Emirates, India, Singapore and the U.S.
The Space Business Area contributes with mission-customized software and hardware products including power systems and star trackers as well as services to support a number of in-orbit pioneering European scientific and Earth observation satellite missions. Additionally, Terma is contracted for the development and delivery of software and hardware systems and services for numerous ongoing and future European, and international missions.
Terma Space operates out of Denmark, The Netherlands, Germany, France and the UK.
For our customer, EUMETSAT in Darmstadt, Germany, we are seeking for a Computer and Security Engineer.
The activities cover any of the different project phases from the definition/analysis, to design, implementation, operations and continuous improvement.
You shall provide assistance to activities related to Security for systems managed by the Computer and Storage Management (CSM) team within GSI (Generic Systems and Infrastructure) Division.
The tasks to be performed, include but are not limited to:
• design of secure computer architectures;
• implementation of security controls (incl. tuning of operating system parameters and other software) in accordance with the EUMETSAT security policy;
• security monitoring (vulnerabilities and Security Compliance) of the systems incl. risk assessment analysis;
• coordination of security related matters (compliance of new systems, patching activities, anomalies, engineering changes) within and outside CSM;
• liaison with external providers of HW and system SW maintenance for the request and follow up of maintenance interventions;
• administration of security solutions on behalf of CSM or the Security Team;
• implementation/maintenance of scripts/procedures to automate above activities;
• support EUMETSAT’s Security Team as required in the different activities (such as security audits, pen-tests, compliance reports) and projects;
• evaluate new security products to improve security posture and efficiency;
• address security-related anomalies in an end to end manner (identify, raise anomaly, investigate, implement/coordinate remediation, track status, close and report);
• reports on the ongoing security cases;
• provision of stand-by/on-call support;
• provision of support, as required, to critical operations.
As an essential part of the tasks above, you are expected to generate and maintain documentation. This may comprise writing and reviewing requirement and design specifications, change proposals, security guidelines, preparing documents supporting procurements, reviewing data packages belonging to technical inspections and reviews, writing and reviewing IT architecture and design, writing design evaluation reports, writing/reviewing reports, test reports and overall status reports.
In the performance of the activities, you will apply besides the relevant configuration and change control procedures, the relevant system engineering standards as well as quality and maintenance procedures.
This is a full-time position to be located at Eumetsat’s premises in Darmstadt with the planned start ASAP. Please note this service requires also standby support and call-out support.
Qualifications & Competencies
In addition to having a university degree (or equivalent) in a relevant discipline, you shall have at least 5 years of experience of IT security combined to System Administration skills and a good knowledge of the overall IT and Security ecosystem. The experience shall have been acquired in an operational or production environment, driven by high availability requirements.
Essential skills are:
Proven knowledge and hands-on experience with the following is mandatory:
• at least 5 years of experience in IT Security and System Administration;
• provision of IT services according to ITIL best practices;
• very good knowledge and experience in security (principles/concepts, secure architecture/protocols, implementation of security controls, tools, etc.);
• expert knowledge and significant work experience of Linux operating systems (RedHat and SLES) as well as good command of Microsoft Windows;
• good knowledge and experience in VMware virtualization;
• good IT system design skills;
• good troubleshooting skills incl. root cause analysis;
• experience in the area of End Point Protection (anti-malware, host IDS/IPS, etc.), Central Log Management, authentication systems, Firewalls;
• disaster recovery strategy;
• good understanding of incident and problem management;
• technical documentation skills;
• experience in an operational or production environment, characterized by custom applications in addition to standard software, running both on the client and server side, and by high availability requirements.
You shall be familiar, to the extent required by the performance of the above tasks, with as many as possible of the following skills and system software environments and their inherent threats/counter-measures:
• TCP/IP and related network protocols and applications, e.g. LDAP, NFS, DNS, SNMP, SSH, FTP, NTP, etc;
• (Web) Application and Database components.
Experience in some of the following shall be considered as an advantage:
• Privileged Access Security (e.g. CyberArk);
• Vulnerability management (e.g. Qualys) or scanner (OpenVAS, Nessus) solutions, Security Compliance tools (e.g. OpenSCAP), Penetration Test (Metasploit);
• SIEM Solutions (e.g. Splunk, QRadar);
• Kali Linux;
• Computer forensics tools and methods;
• Work with or within a Security Operations Center (SOC);
• IT Threat Modelling;
• Backup and recovery systems;
It shall also be considered as an advantage if you have a security relevant certification such as EC-Council “Certified Ethical Hacker” (CEH) or similar.
The variety of the tasks and the scope of the supported systems require a high degree of autonomy and good analytical skills together with the ability to effectively cooperate with the team and with internal customers.
You shall be able to conduct all activities in an orderly and disciplined manner, shall be able to work calmly and correctly under stress and must be able to work without supervision.
The official languages of EUMETSAT are English and French. The working language for the position is English and therefore you must be able to work effectively in this language.
What can Terma offer
At Terma, we consider skilled employees, enthusiasm and job satisfaction as the very foundation of our success and as a prerequisite for the development of the “best-in-class” solutions that Terma provides. We lead the way in applying new technology, offering a wide range of growth opportunities for each individual and emphasizing mutual respect across the board in our workplace.
Terma offers you a pleasant working environment at the customer site, where you will be able to take on challenging tasks and responsibilities in a highly professional company.
- Great opportunities for training and personal development
- Challenges in advanced technical environment
- International and cosmopolitan working atmosphere
- An employment contract with an attractive package with extra-legal benefits
Recruitment is depending on successful selection by the customer.
For further information, please contact Mrs Raluca Moise by telephone [+49 6151 860050] or by email [firstname.lastname@example.org].
To ensure that your application will reach us and is properly processed please apply through the link https://www.terma.com/careers/jobs/?hr=show-job%2F37324%26locale%3Den_US with a Cover Letter and a up-to-date Curriculum Vitae in Europass format (https://europass.cedefop.europa.eu/en/home)
Closing date: 31st January 2019
Please note the following Legal & Security requirements:
Applicants must hold all appropriate permits to work in the EU.
Applicants are required to provide a copy of their ID/passport and degree/higher education certificate. Terma will validate the certificate with the issuing authority.
A Certificate of Good Conduct or equivalent will be applied for at commencement of employment.
This Privacy Notice covers any personal data you submit to Terma for the recruiting process, including e.g.:
- Your name, contact details and application status
- Information included in your CV or cover letter, such as job history, academic background, skills and competencies, personal interests, languages spoken, and your photo
- Job preferences and type of employment sought
- Names and contact details for references