To ensure the successful production of current generation navigation spacecraft we are looking for a Junior Payload Systems Engineer.
You use your RF/Telecommunications training and work closely with spacecraft systems, structural, thermal, and Assembly Integration and Test (AIT) engineering to ensure satisfactory payload performance during production, ground testing, and in-orbit.
- Analyze and assess the RF power, Signal performance, clock frequency stability, and other payload performance parameters.
- Support test campaigns by analyzing measured payload performance and assessing/troubleshooting anomalies/non-conformances. Analyze any non-conformances for impact and gain approval from customer.
- Review and assess supplier documentation and participate in review meetings (design, qualification, test-readiness, post-test, acceptance, etc.) as customer.
- Assess on-orbit performance and anomaly reports.
- Travel regularly to supplier/customer sites supporting testing and technical meetings as above.
- Degree in Electrical/Electronic Engineering, Telecommunications, or comparable discipline.
- Recent graduate to intermediate professional experience, space industry preferred.
- Self-managed and pro-active working style.
- Working level proficiency in written and spoken English. German or other EU language skills are advantageous.