For a position in EUMETSAT in the Meteosat (MSG, MTG) Operations Team, we are recruiting Satellite Platform Operation Engineers. The candidate will perform both routine operations on MSG and operations preparation on MTG-I and MTG-S.
University degree (or equivalent) in a relevant discipline.
Proven experience in Satellite Operations.
Proficiency in written and spoken English
Good team working attitude
Operations and/or design of satellite Payload for earth observations.
Operations preparation of a satellite project.
Routine spacecraft operations for Geostationary missions
Knowledge of ECSS and CCSDS standards for Telecommunications
Familiarity with ECSS Packet Utilisation Standard
Knowledge of mission control systems such as SCOS and/or EPOCH
Basic knowledge of a scripting language (PERL, AWK, Python)
Data analysis with MATLAB
The tasks in the area of S/C platform routine operations and operations preparation will typically include:
- Familiarisation with the MSG satellite design and operations procedures as necessary;
- Contribution to the conduct of routine operations of the in-orbit MSG spacecraft.
- Provision of Satellite Operations Engineer on-call service;
- Performance evaluation and trend analysis to monitor the in-flight behaviour of the spacecraft, including support to yearly and specific operations reviews (e.g. eclipses, reconditioning, manoeuvres, decontamination, etc);
- Contribute for both current and future missions to the production and maintenance of: o Automated and Manual procedures, o Operational databases o Special Operations Instructions (SOIs), o Other operational documentation (e.g. SOE Guide, Contingency Operations Guide etc.)
- Contribution to the maintenance of the MSG Flight Operation Manual;
- Contribution of Sub-System expertise for the Satellite Simulator maintenance and engineering for current and future missions ;
- Contribution to the satellite monitoring and control facility operations team and maintenance team to ensure that the facility, including the telemetry analysis tools, is always fit for its purpose;
- Participation to the activities related to the MSG Routine Operations Support provided by the MSG satellites manufacturer;
- Analysis and investigation of operational events and anomalies particularly relating to the operations of the MSG Spacecraft and associated ground segment elements;
- Preparation and production of routine reports as necessary;
- Participation in the preparation and specification of ground system updates including the M&C systems and monitoring & analysis tools;
- Preparation and review of technical notes and attendance at technical meetings and reviews;
- Preparation & presentation of Flight Ops Team training material regarding S/C Operations.
- Contribution to the MTG system operations development for S/C operations related topics.
- Contribution to the implementation, test and reviews of the different operations related elements of the MTG system (including satellites and ground segments).
- Contribution to the MTG operations preparations activities, mainly at Space Segment level but including also Ground Segment aspects.
- Participation to the preparation and execution of the Operational System Validation activities also including SVTs, rehearsals and the necessary training activities for the various operations personnel prior to system commissioning.
- Contribute to the definition and/or review of MTG commissioning activities
For further information and applications, please send your spontaneous candidature to the following email address:
Please refer to the JOB Reference number: JADE/18/GEO/OPS/12-01