Where others see barriers, we see opportunities.
Do you enjoy supporting customers realizing breakthrough value? Do you stay attuned to your customers’ needs and visions? Do you like to work openly and supportively together with your colleagues and customers? Our work involves many different minds and skills, it can’t be done alone.
It's a great time being SES.
SES is the world-leading satellite operator providing end-to-end communication solutions. SES leads across new technologies in video, enterprise, mobility and government
We are a team of people coming from all across the globe who work together to make a real difference in the world.
• We help to bridge the digital divide by connecting millions of people on the African continent.
• We make it possible for people to stay connected while flying 10km up on a commercial airplane. We provide extensive satellite coverage of all of the world’s seas and ocean regions via our dedicated mobility beams
• We distribute 7,400 channels to more than 1 billion people in 317 million homes.
• We work together with our partners to develop new standards that transform how people consume and enjoy entertainment.
(Deputy) VP Spectrum Management & Development - Asia Pacific
Republic of Singapore - Singapore
SES is seeking to hire an experienced Spectrum professional to lead its Singapore based Asia Pacific spectrum team and to manage Frequency Coordination and Spectrum Management activities for both existing and new SES orbital positions in APAC. This important SES positon plays a key role in defending and promoting SES’ interest at meetings in Asia on ITU and WRC related activities.
The role also assures the operational availability and capability of the existing fleet of APAC SES satellites, and supports the development of additional spectrum and orbital positions, both organically and via acquisitions in the region in collaboration with Fleet Deployment and Corporate Development groups.
Depending on your expertise level in Spectrum and seniority, you will be hired as Vice President or Deputy Vice President Spectrum Management & Development of Asia
Your primary responsibilities:
• Identify and file spectrum in support of commercial development initiatives and Strategic Planning objectives
• Responsible for all frequency coordination of new and existing filings over Asia. Manage relationship with other operators/administrations in Asia
• Provide regular and relevant reporting to Head of Global spectrum SES Management on Frequency Coordination and Spectrum Management matters in the defined scope of responsibility
• Support acquisition and co-operation initiatives on spectrum and slots of other operators/administration in the defined region in collaboration of Corporate and Business Development
• Provide technical input related to design of new satellites over Asia to operate within coordinated/regulatory conditions
• Primary interface with SES filing/licensing administrations in the defined region and other National/International regulatory bodies in the defined region on spectrum/regulatory issues and ITU related activities
• Support operations, IOTs, fleet, sales and business development processes on spectrum and licensing related issues in the defined region
• Manage preparation of technical input to satellite launch & operating licensing processes for satellites in the defined region with the administrations in that region
• Participate in development of and contribute SES’ positions in relation to regulatory development at regional and ITU meetings in preparation for World Radiocommunication Conferences
• Responsible for the APAC WRC related activities
• Support the other regional Spectrum Development teams on a case-by-case basis
Qualifications & Experience:
• University Degree in Electrical/Telecommunication/Aerospace/Electronic Engineering related fields
• Minimum of 10/15 years relevant post-qualification experience of which ( ideally) at least 10 years relate to frequency coordination and spectrum management front-end involvement
• Thorough understanding of the satellite regulatory environment and the ITU procedures
• Thorough knowledge and understanding of SNG, HOL and UK/GIB domestic and international regulatory processes and structure;
• Strong knowledge and understanding of satellite industry, markets and services;
• Collaborative individual, able to build relationships across all levels and functions of the organization and effectively build positions and manage conflicts
• Execution orientation with the ability to deliver results despite a complex business environment
• Very good communicator able to produce and present positions in an inspiring manner to a variety of internal and external senior audiences
• Developed skillset to motivate and inspire teams to meet objectives
• Excellent project management
• Excellent negotiation skills
• Diplomatic manner
• Demonstrated cultural sensitivity
• Fluency in English; the knowledge of other languages of the defined region is considered an additional asset
• Readiness to travel in the region
We offer you
• A diverse workplace. For SES, diversity is more than a question of gender or race; we welcome different minds and different skills.
• An exciting job opportunity in a fast moving and fascinating industry. Our technology is launching into space on the next generation of rockets.
• Opportunities to further grow and develop in a global and growing company; we believe life-long learning is key to bring the best of SES worldwide.
• A competitive compensation package linked to your performance and further completed with attractive benefits.
SES is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.