Position Reference: 491
As part of the team implementing the Luxembourg National Space programme, you will support the implementation of technical activities, maintain interfaces with the relevant Prime Contractors or subsystem responsible industry/research institute for the assigned projects.
You will also be involved in the System team of Small Satellite or Cubesat project in activities related to System tasks from early definition phase to implementation phase and launch/operations phase. In this context, you will maintain interfaces with the ESA technical specialists for ad-hoc support.
Tasks and Activities
The scope of work will include:
• Support system and subsystem reviews of the assigned project.
• Follow up technical issues arising on the assigned projects and participate in risk reduction activities.
• Help defining operations and support the in-orbit commissioning phase of the projects.
Skills and Experience
The following skills and experience are mandatory:
• You have a PhD or Msc Engineering from a recognised Institution of secondary studies (University, Ecole supérieure, etc.) or equivalent.
• You have an expert knowledge of system and more specifically of avionics, software and communication subsystem through the complete lifecycle, including mission design/operations, systems design & AIV and subsystem technologies/products.
• You have an expert knowledge of S/C system and mission design, incl. system design modelling tools and Concurrent Engineering applied to space mission assessment and design.
• You possess a broad knowledge of/experience in the practical application of tailored engineering/quality standards to Small Satellite, IOD missions and CubeSat projects would be an asset.
• You have a good knowledge and practice in the application of ESA SE Standards (e.g. ECSS-E-10 series) and SW engineering.
How to Apply
Looking to take your career to the next level? Interested applicants should submit their CV and Cover Letter to RHEA’s Recruitment team at firstname.lastname@example.org no later than 14/01/2019.
Preference will be given to candidates eligible for an EU or national personal security clearance at the level of CONFIDENTIAL or above.
About RHEA Group
RHEA Group is a leading engineering consultancy firm with demonstrated expertise in space, system- and secure software solutions.
We attract skilled engineers, scientists and management professionals; and offer a range of exciting career paths working alongside clients such as the European Space Agency, the European GNSS Agency, EUMETSAT and NATO.