Deadline to apply: 10th January 2019
With 1.800 employees worldwide, the CS Group is a leading IT company in France and in Germany, and a prime contractor in designing, integrating and operating mission critical systems. It has now been over 30 years that comprehensive CS solutions for space systems and applications, both on the ground and in space, have been part and parcel of this odyssey. Our German activities grow at fast pace and to face our costumers' high level expectations and needs, we are looking for talented profiles having relevant experience in Space systems.
We are looking for Data Processing Systems Engineers
Mandatory skills :
- University degree (or equivalent) in a discipline relevant to the job profile.
- At least 3 years’ relevant in preparation of requirements, design, interfaces and testing documentation for data processing systems for Earth Observation missions (experience on data processing for high data rates missions will be considered an asset);
- Demonstrated experience knowledge of the requirements engineering process, including relation between requirements, ICDs, design and testing documentation;
- Demonstrated ability to learn and develop the needed skills and knowledge to contribute to the implementation of the service. This includes the ability to rapidly absorb, and make use of, information presented in written and oral communications in a dynamic context;
- Demonstrated experience with UNIX/Linux operating systems.
- Be fluent in English (communication and writing skills)
- Have the willingness to work within a multi-disciplinary context in cooperation with other teams. The ability to maintain a system overview is essential.
- Have a systematic approach to work, be able to plan their work and to cope with tight schedules and multiple tasks.
- Have the capability to write accurate and consistent technical documentation.
Additional skills (considering as an added value) :
- Knowledge of the IBM DOORS tool or an equivalent for requirements management;
- Experience of validating complex remote sensing data processing systems;
- Knowledge of ECSS and CCSDS standards;
- Knowledge and/or experience of quality control, instrument calibration and IV&V.
Data processing in phase B/C/D
- Follow-up on the facility supplier’s activities
- Review of the data pack delivered for the reviews
- Support preparation of deliverables to the contractors
- Participation in the contractors` reviews
- Support for the Data pack for the OGS CDR and possibly other intermediate checkpoints
- Support of the relevant OGS and System activities
- Technical baseline engineering monitoring and update
- Tests and acceptance phases preparation
- Contribution to raising, processing and coordinating RIDs in the documentation provided by the prime contractor of the facility in the different reviews that will take place in the different programmes.
- Contribution and participation on request to progress meetings;
- Contribution to technical meetings, scheduling, and planning coordination meetings.
- Participation in data processing team meetings and associated activities and reviews where required in the area of data processing system engineering inside of DPS&A CA.
- Contribution and participation on request to dedicated technical workshops;
- Provide training, through written materials, practical demonstrations and presentations, to other parties involved in the related projects (including controllers, analysts and engineers).
- Contribution to the facility handover to OGS integration team and /or operations.
- Perform requirements engineering in DOORS for related data processing requirements. This includes review, specification and refinement of existing requirements, their up-traces to parent Ground Segment specifications, justifications and verification methods;
- Ensure coherency of requirements with processors’ specifications;
- Provide inputs to the definition of ICDs between data processing elements and other GS functions;
- Provide inputs to the definition of testing and Operational scenarios for data processing elements;
- Provide inputs to the definition of data processing concepts and trade-offs to support requirements understanding and justification.
Data processing in phase E
- Contribute to the maintenance activities, including characterisation of system component behaviour against required performance, proposal and implementation of system alterations (including component modification) to achieve required performance.
- Contribute to the evolution activities, including conceptual design, requirements specification, functional modelling, system analysis, and concept development to support increased performance, rationalisation of components, and cost reduction.
- Contribute to raising, processing and coordinating anomalies, their documentation, investigation, classification and resolution/mitigation, including participation in relevant Anomaly Review Boards.