Senior Quality Control Engineer
Issue 2 – DEC2018
Your activity consists in planning and overseeing the various quality control steps during the design and evaluation stages of the space system and subsystems to make sure they reach internal and end-user quality requirements.
This position is mainly focused on the supply chain and requires a strong experience in quality control for space programs and ECSS, ability to assert a point of view with diplomacy, and availability for travelling.
The position is a 6-month parental leave substitution, starting date 1st March 2019
In the frame of the project, the Senior Quality Control Engineer is responsible for:
• Participating in the development of the processes that allow checking the program against the requirements
• Implementing, and executing these processes at prime and subcontract levels, with a focus on the supply chain quality improvement (audit, deliveries/processes/metrics analysis, detection of anomalies, implementation of corrective actions, follow-up…)
• Taking the appropriate steps to maintain or improve the quality against the requirements
• Setting up practices to monitor and control quality, considering all the factors (e.g. effectiveness, cost, productivity)
• Reporting internally and to customer on the execution of the quality processes, findings, and actions to mitigate risks.
In addition, the Senior Quality Control Engineer can be asked to provide a support to activities which are not directly linked to this job description but which are related to his experience and skills.
The Senior Quality Control Engineer reports:
• To the Vitrociset Site Manager for the administrative matters;
• To the Project Manager for the operational matters.
Education and experience
• A master or equivalent experience in quality control, engineering, physics, or spacecraft engineering
• Solid professional experience in quality control for space programs, interacting with space agencies, and subcontractors
• Solid experience with ECSS (European Cooperation on Space Standardization), lean management, 8D (Eight Disciplines Problem Solving), SPC (Statistical process control), QRQC (Quick Response Quality Control)
• Good general knowledge of spacecraft systems/subsystems (mechanical system, electronics, optical payloads, radiofrequency)
• Experience in Satellite development and subsystems acceptance
• English – fluent
• French language/culture is an asset
• Standard office software (MS-Office, MS-Project…)
Certificates and licenses
• Any if necessary in the frame of the project
• Driving licence
Required soft skills
• Analytical and critical thinking, good sense of organization of work
• Rigor, accuracy
• Strong collaboration skills, team-player
• Effective oral and written communication skills
• Ability to work in a changing environment, open-minded
• Position based in Toulouse, France
• Position mainly based at customer premises
• Office hours
• Frequent business travel