Vacancy in the Directorate of Space Transportation.
ESA is an equal opportunity employer, committed to achieving diversity within the workforce and creating an inclusive working environment. Applications from women are encouraged.
This post is classified A2-A4 on the Coordinated Organisations’ salary scale.
ESA Headquarters, Paris, France
Project Controller in the Operating Planning and Business Unit Controlling Office, Directorate of Space Transportation.
Under the responsibility of the Head of Office, the postholder is responsible for:
• defining the Project Control work breakdown structure (WBS), maintaining the related master data;
• preparing and updating plans (in-year, multi-year, at-completion) of resources per project, including manpower and support, facilities, running and industrial costs, together and consistent with schedule;
• monitoring actual resource usage, analysing deviations, explaining them, proposing corrective actions;
• performing tasks assigned to Project Controllers in ESA ERP (esa-p) for assigned projects, in particular ensuring that planning and resource data are up-to-date;
• supporting proposal evaluation, negotiations with industry, reporting to project teams, supporting department-level reporting meetings;
• providing data for industrial return, supporting related analyses;
• preparing and updating the financial/workforce part of project plans, support project reviews, preparing and/or supporting ad hoc analyses;
• reporting on project management Key Performance Indicators (KPI) on scheduling, cost and risk;
• preparing and validating, with project managers' inputs, concise text reporting;
• supporting the year-closure exercise, ensuring that costs are accrued in the correct period, provisions made, unused fund reservations released and the available commitment ceiling is monitored/validated in each data system used;
• supporting the programme closure exercise;
• supporting risk management at project level;
• supporting asset management at project level.
Cost and financial regulatory framework, including accounting standards and auditing
Project and risk management
Budgeting, cost control and resources and activities planning
Managing complex databases, ERP
Planning & Organisation
Business Administration degree at Master's level and/or an Engineering, Technology or International Studies qualification.
For behavioural competencies expected from ESA staff in general, please refer to the ESA Competency Framework.
The working languages of the Agency are English and French. A good knowledge of one of these is required. Knowledge of another Member State language would be an asset.
The Agency may require applicants to undergo selection tests.
The closing date for applications is 25 January 2019.
If you require support with your application due to a disability, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note that applications are only considered from nationals of one of the following States: Austria, Belgium, the Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Ireland, Italy, Luxembourg, the Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, the United Kingdom and Canada and Slovenia.
According to the ESA Convention the recruitment of staff must take into account an adequate distribution of posts among nationals of the ESA Member States. When short-listing for an interview, priority will first be given to internal candidates and secondly to external candidates from under-represented Member States. (see Nationality Targets)
In accordance with the European Space Agency’s security procedures and as part of the selection process, successful candidates will be required to undergo basic screening before appointment.
Recruitment will normally be at the first grade in the band (A2); however, if the candidate selected has little or no experience, the position may be filled at A1 level.