Position Title: Electrical Engineer
Who can apply: Experienced professional
Type of contract: Full time position; 38.5 hours/week
Who we are: ENPULSION GmbH is a Space Tech company based in Austria. Founded in 2016, it has quickly became a dominant player in the Space Industry selling one of the most advanced propulsion solutions for SmallSats to a large number of worldwide satellite platform integrators (www.enpulsion.com). The unique, modular solution we offer brings high performance at low cost to satellite manufacturers, fostering the democratization of space and enabling the exploration and exploitation of the solar system, positioning ENPULSION at the very heart of the NewSpace Aera.
Job Description: Your main responsibility will be to manage the in-house and external development of Power Processing Units for ENPULSION’s future electric propulsion products, overseeing all related aspects including:
- Managing PPU developments for FEEP propulsion systems
- Electronics circuit design and analysis, including reliability and risk analysis
- Establishing and maintaining applicable documentation
- Managing procurement and testing of space electronics
- Development and adaptation of miniaturized high-voltage power supplies
- Firmware development of ATMEL AVR in C/C++ and firmware testing
- Development of test setups and procedures for testing high voltage power supplies used for space missions.
- Testing of development and flight hardware.
- Interface with production team to prepare series production
- Interaction with customers and assistance in technical discussions
- Work in an agile environment together with the engineering team
- Knowledge in Altium Design is an advantage
Your Requirements: Academic education in Electronics, Computer Engineering or similar. Professional experience of 2-5 years related to Space Electronics. An understanding of and experience in the space, automotive or aerospace industry is required.
- Experience with space electronics and applicable standards
- Experience with space electronics documentation and analysis
- Familiarity with EEE parts classes for space electronics for different reliability levels, ECSS or similar standards
- Knowledge in EEE parts procurement for space applications
- Experience with flight software development and testing
You should bring the ability to provide technical leadership to junior team members and work in a young and agile team. We look for a proactive, diligent, disciplined, motivated person with the ability to handle complex situations and devise solving strategies. An in-depth understanding of the English language is a must. Knowledge in Altium Designer, ATMEL Studio , C/C++, Python and SPICE are desirable.
What we offer: We are a young and international team with a passion for what we do. Our offices are a fun, friendly environment where your ideas and opinions are encouraged to be shared. We are a fast-paced company that is still growing, so you would have the chance to decide in which area you would like to specialize.
The job offer includes training by FOTEC’s highly skilled specialists in the field of thruster PPU development.