Deadline to apply: 27th January 2019
With 1.800 employees worldwide, the CS Group is a leading IT company in France and in Germany, and a prime contractor in designing, integrating and operating mission critical systems. It has now been over 30 years that comprehensive CS solutions for space systems and applications, both on the ground and in space, have been part and parcel of this odyssey. Our German activities grow at fast pace and to face our costumers' high level expectations and needs, we are looking for talented profiles having relevant experience in Space systems.
We are looking for one Climate Data Processing Engineer
Mandatory skills :
- Relevant experience in preparation of requirements, design, interfaces and testing documentation for data processing systems considering the systems engineering aspects of data processing management and data provision (experience of data processing for high data rate missions and/or Earth Observation missions is an asset but is not mandatory);
- Experience in S/W design, S/W development, Web applications programming, operation, maintenance and trouble shooting of large complex real-time data processing systems for Earth Observation missions.
- Competence in object-oriented software design and implementation possibly in the context of satellite instrument data processing systems.
- C/C++ programming language experience in a UNIX/LINUX based environment;
- Use of application programming of database systems (e.g. ORACLE, INFORMIX, PostgreSQL and MySQL);
- Competence in the use of scripting languages (e.g. shell scripting), high-level languages (e.g. Python, Java) and correspondent using of their libraries;
- Knowledge of XML and related technologies (XPATH, SVG, etc.);
- Competence in the exploitation of modern hardware and operating systems at the application level (e.g. parallel programming (pthreads, MPI, OpenMP));
- Familiarity with data formats used for meteorological satellite products;
- Design and implementation of MMI using different toolkits and languages;
- Ability to write accurate and consistent technical documentation.
- Very good communication and presentation skills and be able to cope with very high workloads.
- Ability to learn and develop the needed skills and knowledge to contribute to the development of Data Processing applications within the Supporting Application Engineering Team. This includes the ability to rapidly absorb, and make use of, information presented in written and oral communications in a dynamic context
- The ability to maintain a system overview is essential. He/she shall have a systematic approach to work, be able to plan their work and to cope with tight schedules and multiple tasks.
Additional skills (considering as an added value) :
- Experience with the programming and usage of IDL and Fortran;
- Experience in Web Programming;
- Competence in S/W testing, unit test suite maintenance, automated testing, verification and validation;
- Experience in system design for quality control and cal/val systems;
- Knowledge of relevant Standards, Quality Assurance and Configuration Management principles and applications;
Typically tasks will include:
** Contribute to the definition, design, implementation and maintenance of architectures for data processing ground segments and their components – with special emphasis on product quality control, calibration and validation, production monitoring and reporting:
Maintenance and evolution of applications system in the area of the Monitoring Analysis and Reporting Multi Mission Element framework and in all its components;
Configuration Management, building and distribution of applications software releases and patches;
Contribution to applications software system design and re-engineering in the area of the Monitoring Analysis and Reporting Multi Mission Element framework;
** Support the operations of existing data processing ground segments and their maintenance and evolution. This will also include: upgrade software, including implementing and maintaining new algorithms for product quality control and calibration/validation activities.
** Perform routine tasks in operational systems under configuration control such as:
Contribute to the Configuration Management process and the building and distribution of software releases and patches;
Contribute to the development, integration and configuration management of software developed by third parties, its installation, and configuration and testing;
Anomaly investigations, documentation and classification.
Follow up of the delivery of S/W resolutions for these anomalies
** Perform standard S/W engineering activities such as:
S/W testing in a structured approach to verify that delivered S/W is fulfilling the requirements or to demonstrate that problems have been corrected;
S/W integration and verification in the EUMETSAT ground segments;
** Setting-up and implementation of maintenance policies and procedures
** Contribute to the procurement and installation of software, and the co-ordination with external providers of support services
** Participation in meetings and formal reviews