Serco is a specialist at delivering vital services on behalf of European, National and Local Governments.
Serco Europe employ’s a large workforce in Belgium, Luxembourg, France, Switzerland, Germany, Holland, Spain, Italy and the UK.
Our European operations have ca. 2,000 employees delivering critical services to public institutions throughout Europe.
Serco’s space heritage over the last 40 years has placed us in the Space News Top 50 Space Industry Manufacturing and Services Companies - We work alongside EUMETSAT and the European Space Agency, where we are the largest on-site service provider with ca. 300 staff.
What connects the ever growing Serco workforce is a passion for delivering great service – To keep ahead we have to constantly evolve and enhance the way we deliver our services and everyone in Serco has a role to play here.
Serco provide the right environment to encourage ideas and a comprehensive Best Practice support network that enables them to put their ideas into action.
If you share our values then join with over 60,000 colleagues globally who are equally as passionate about delivering great service as you.
Full details on application.
The objective of the Services Coordinated Interface (SCI) domain is to provide to the Copernicus users, on one hand, EO data from Sentinel missions and Copernicus Contributing Missions and, on the other hand, the necessary support functions associated to the data provision, e.g. help desk and order desk (standard and emergency). The service will ensure the coordinated procurement of data and their availability to Copernicus users.
Main task of the service can be summarized as follows:
• REACT (Rapid Emergency Activation for Satellite Tasking), to fulfil the rush EO data requests.
• User Support Desk.
• Order Desk, handling the standard EO data requests.
• Core Datasets Production Coordination, translating predefined datasets specifications into data orders.
• CSCDA web site content management.
- Manage the team (presence, holidays, training, annual performance review, etc).
- Supervise Shift Operators team (including shift schedule preparation).
- Maintenance of the Service Level Agreement for the SCI Operations Service.
- Ensuring availability of the service as per Service Level Agreement and assignment of tasks to the team, with priority on the REACT service tasks.
- Defining work-around when functional tools are unavailable.
- Maintenance of the operational procedures.
- Ensuring tools configuration.
- Where needed, generation of documentation/instructions for the use of SCI tools (addressed to Copernicus Users).
- Interfacing the ESA for collection of the inputs to the service.
- Generation and maintenance of a Training Plan for the advancement of staff skills in order to adapt them to new EO missions and new activities. Training of new staff.
- Prioritisation of incident resolution within the SCI domain and escalation of critical issues to ESA Service Manager.
- Generation of the monthly statistics and reporting.
- Participation to the ESA/Copernicus Service Providers technical meetings twice a year (i.e. CMEMS, CLMS, CEMS, 2 Security Services, CAMS).
- Interfacing ESA and Maintenance team for Continual Service Improvement.
- Coordinate within SCI service the transfer to operation of new contributing missions, new tools, new procedures, etc.
The successful candidate should have the following skills and experience:
- customer orientation;
- leadership and project management capability;
- very good command of English language (indispensable – both written and spoken) and ability to write and to understand technical documentation predominantly written in English;
- Earth Observation knowledge implying a good knowledge of ESA main product specifications, mission constraints and ESA data policies
- remote sensing knowledge preferable;
- proactivity and ability to show autonomous aptitude in quick times, especially when operating in the REACT (Emergency) service context;
- Knowledge of ITIL Framework;
- knowledge of standard office automation tools.
- Service provision according to SLA;
- Escalation management;
- Training Plan;
- Transfer To Operation Plans;
- Yearly Performance Review report for the assigned team;
- Contribution for Continual Service Improvement;
- Monthly Reports;
- Operational Procedures and internal Working Instructions;
- User Satisfaction and relevant Investigation output;
- Escalation to the Contract Manager with respect to the unresolved issues and complaints.
MS Office suite, Web browsers and relevant web-based applications, FTP tools.
If candidates with equally relevant experience are identified, preference will be given to candidates within "Categorie Protette (Law 68/99)" or registered in “lista di mobilità” (only applicable in case of Italian candidates).
Any offer of employment is contingent upon you providing documents to verify your identity and employment eligibility, as required by law.
Applicants are reminded that they will be requested to produce such documentation during the recruitment process.
Please contact a member of the recruitment team if you require further details of acceptable types of documentation required for verification of identity and work authorization.
When creating a profile on the Serco Career Centre you agreed to the Data Protection policy, a copy is available upon request.
You may submit a written request revoking your consent to this agreement at any time.
About the company
Serco Italia Spa, part of the Serco group, A FTSE250, Multi-national Service Provider with over 50,000 employees worldwide.