Where others see barriers, we see opportunities.
Do you enjoy supporting customers realizing breakthrough value? Do you stay attuned to your customers’ needs and visions? Do you like to work openly and supportively together with your colleagues and customers? Our work involves many different minds and skills, it can’t be done alone.
It's a great time being SES.
SES is the world-leading satellite operator providing end-to-end communication solutions. SES leads across new technologies in video, enterprise, mobility and government
We are a team of people coming from all across the globe who work together to make a real difference in the world.
• We help to bridge the digital divide by connecting millions of people on the African continent.
• We make it possible for people to stay connected while flying 10km up on a commercial airplane. We provide extensive satellite coverage of all of the world’s seas and ocean regions via our dedicated mobility beams
• We distribute 7,400 channels to more than 1 billion people in 317 million homes.
• We work together with our partners to develop new standards that transform how people consume and enjoy entertainment.
Engineer, Software Systems
Betzdorf - Luxembourg
You are responsible for specification, design, development and support of software applications and computer hardware used for real-time spacecraft control and management as well as offline tools to support engineering analysis. The position requires as well on-call remote support roles.
• Develop high-quality software requirements, designs and architectures for the Ground Control System
• Determine operational feasibility by performing analysis, creating problem statements, requirements definition, solution development, and critical reviews
• Design and write software that addresses complex requirements, perform associated software unit testing and software integration
• Propose and develop enhancements and requirements for new and existing applications
• Execute performance engineering and optimization, proof of concept testing, deployment planning and acceptance testing
• Configure, deploy and maintain workstations and servers at each of the geographically diverse operation centers
• Communicate progress and problems to management, estimate and lead project work schedules and anticipating and avoiding problems
• Work with external vendors and internal operations staff to provide technical expertise
• University degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science or Information Technology
• At least 3 years software engineering experience
• Programming languages: C#, C++, Java frameworks (EJB, JPA, JMS), Python
• Skills in SQL, MySQL, Eclipse IDE/RCP and Object Oriented Design (OOD) experience
• UNIX, LINUX, Windows, system administrators
• Proficiency in structured software design and programming philosophies
• Experience in utilities programming, debuggers and debugging techniques, Agile methodologies
• Experience with GIT and/or BitBucket
• Knowledge and use of Version Control Systems
• Experience with TCP/IP protocols and messaging applications
• Network experience in the areas of topologies and protocols along with firewall administration
• Knowledge of UML 2.0 and the most usual Design Patterns and Anti-patterns
• Distributed frameworks such as CORBA, ActiveMQ, OpenDDS
• Experience with spacecraft control systems and spacecraft platforms/buses
• Relentless focus on collaboration and teamwork with a demonstrated mindset of helping others to succeed
• Committed to project results and deadlines. Proven analytical skills, innovative, methodic, with ability to prioritize, good self-organization
• Willingness to meet the needs of 24x7 environment (on-call required)
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Fluent in English (any other language being an asset) and eager to integrate into an international environment
• Domestic and international travel required
We offer you
• A diverse workplace. For SES, diversity is more than a question of gender or race; we welcome different minds and different skills.
• An exciting job opportunity in a fast moving and fascinating industry. Our technology is launching into space on the next generation of rockets.
• Opportunities to further grow and develop in a global and growing company; we believe life-long learning is key to bring the best of SES worldwide.
• A competitive compensation package linked to your performance and further completed with attractive benefits.
SES is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.