Reporting to the Corporate Business Process Manager, the ICT Engineer is responsible for optimal selection of ICT suppliers and ICT products to ensure the best usage of resources and technology for the Agency.
The postholder will carry out the following specific duties:
• Overseeing ICT market trends with focus on IT Infrastructure providers for Computer Hardware, Software and networking products.
• Analysis and assessment if trends in the ICT market, build and maintain relationship with ICT market leaders to understand and report on innovative technology to the management.
• monitoring the product line up and future product roadmaps of exiting ITC suppliers for the agency.
• Analyze and utilize for the agency the competitive developments of key ICT vendors in market
• Engage in regular meetings with ICT vendors and suppliers for price negotiations
• Issue Request for Quotations and Tenders to test the ICT market and select the optimal suppliers for the agency
• Participate in Tender evaluation to support the board while selection of suppliers
• Deep knowledge of the ICT market, with specific focus on IT Infrastructure products like PC, Laptops, Servers, Workplace related Software;
• Understanding of Enterprise grade ICT products;
• A Master’s Degree in Information technology and a minimum of 4 years of relevant professional working experience with ICT vendors;
• An aptitude for effective communication and collaboration in an international and challenging environment;
• Proven negotiation skills.