The project control service shall be provided to the Head of the Programme and Project Control Unit, responsible for professional standards and generic programme/project control matters and to the respective ground segment project managers pending endorsement by the Head of the Programme and Project Control Unit or a nominated Programme and Project Control Unit staff member.
The project control service supports the project management in the implementation of their industrial and ESA internal activities, in accordance with the approved budget and in agreement with the established administration processes and the ESA contractual and financial regulations, and in the preparation of plans and reports concerning the project aspects i.e. cost, schedule, documentation, technical progress of the work, with the aim to provide full visibility on all activities related to resources.
The service to be provided covers the following tasks:
• Preparation and maintenance of project cost-atcompletions;
• Support in the preparation of project management plans;
• Maintenance of the structure and contents of project related documentation in the Directorate's document management system;
• Ensuring consistency between the Work Breakdown Structures and the Planning and the Project/Internal budgets;
• Implementation of control procedures and planning to provide full visibility on all project related technical, contractual and managerial activities;
• Contributions to the annual ESA Controlling Work Plan and the financial asset management process;
• Identification of problem areas and proposal of remedial actions and re-planning as required;
• Preparation of ESA management reports (e.g. manpower, cost, schedule and technical progress of the work).
• Masters degree from a recognised Institute of secondary studies or equivalent qualification in Engineering, Businesss Administration or relevant discipline
• Preparation of Work Breakdown Structures, the related Workpackages and the detailed/summary schedules for the respective activities
• Preparation and maintenance of the project cost-to-completions ensuring consistency with the Work Breakdown Structures, Planning and Project/Internal budgets
• Implementation of planning and control procedures
• Identification of problem areas and proposal of remedial actions
• Preparation of manpower reports, costs and schedules
• Updating of Documentation System