Position Reference: 148
RHEA Group is currently recruiting a full-stack Software Engineer to support the DFMS team. You will have the opportunity to work in a challenging environment with state-of-the-art technologies within the earth observation domain.
If you have a passion or interest for earth observation and would like to join a team of seasoned experts with diverse backgrounds, then you are in the right place. At RHEA Group will have the opportunity to work and learn in an exciting environment and participate in unique projects for the UK Space agency, European Space Agency, NATO and the European Commission.
This position will be based at the Harwell Science and Innovation Campus, United Kingdom.
Tasks and Activities
The scope of work will include:
• Contribute to the research and development of a new set of earth observation related products.
• Collaborate, in an Agile development environment, with our team of software engineers and architects throughout the development process.
• Implement code that conforms to performance, security and quality standards.
• Solve and articulate complex problems with application design, development, and user experiences.
Skills and Experience
The following skills and experience are mandatory:
• You have a Bachelor’s or Master’s in computer science, mathematics or a related field with at least 3 years of relevant work experience.
• You have strong experience in Python.
• You have strong experience in databases (PostgreSQL, MongoDB).
• You have experience with libraries and GIS programs for the treatment of satellite images.
• You have experience in Agile development processes and Git source code control.
• You have good interpersonal skills, team working, good analytic and problem solving capabilities.
The following skills would be highly desirable:
• You have experience in the creation of scalable systems (Queues, shared configurations, cache systems, networking).
• You have experience in Linux systems and cloud computing (AWS mainly).
• You have experience with microservices (on Docker Containers, Kubernetes).
How to Apply
Looking to take your career to the next level? Interested applicants should submit their CV and Cover Letter to RHEA’s Recruitment team at email@example.com no later than 22/02/2019.
Preference will be given to candidates eligible for an EU or national personal security clearance at the level of CONFIDENTIAL or above.
About RHEA Group
RHEA Group is a leading engineering consultancy firm with demonstrated expertise in space, system- and secure software solutions.
We attract skilled engineers, scientists and management professionals; and offer a range of exciting career paths working alongside clients such as the European Space Agency, the European GNSS Agency, EUMETSAT and NATO.