Caring about space experts like you for more than 35 years. Matchmaking the best candidates for engineering, scientific and administrative positions at our customers. Investing in you to support the development of the European space industry. This is HE Space. We are currently looking for a Junior Development Engineer Thermal Hardware to support our customer in Germany.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities
You will have the following responsibilities:
- Design and development of thermal hardware (heat pipes, thermal straps, thermal switches);
- Perform thermal analyses of thermal hardware, including test predictions;
- Perform plausibility checks and hand calculation to validate the analysis results;
- Definition, preparation, simulation and surveillance of thermal tests, such as thermal vacuum and thermal balance tests;
- Evaluation of test results;
- Awareness of cost account management (e.g. budget, risk and schedule) for thermal activities;
- Documentation and archiving of all activities, mathematical models and analysis and tests results.
Skills & Experience
You will have the following qualifications and relevant experience:
- University degree (at least bachelor’s degree) in the area of physics, aerospace or mechanical engineering;
- Understanding of thermal material properties, knowledge in conductive and radiative heat transfer process;
- The ability to adapt quickly, while working in challenging environment;
- The ability to work in a team;
- Fluency in English and German is mandatory; knowledge of another European language is an advantage.
This job is located in Friedrichshafen, Germany. We welcome applicants who are available from May 2019 (or as soon as possible thereafter).
Please note: Due to work permit requirements for this position, please apply only if you are citizen of a European Union state or if you are eligible to obtain a work permit for Germany.