Aurora is an established supplier of skilled manpower to ESA and in particular at ESTEC and ESAC. Aurora has the opportunity to expand our support within ESAC.
We are looking for temporary Technical IT Support, to lend onsite support at ESA/ESAC, located in Madrid, Spain, for approximately 1 year.
For the tasks and activities the specific service tasks include; UNIX (LINUX and SOLARIS), Macintosh and PC System Management:
- Installation, configuration, integration, and setting up of new machines with appropriate operating systems and layered software.
- Administration and operation management of computer systems.
- Installation and configuration of new hardware and new users accounts.
- User support (mainly scientists and engineers).
- Handle the mail aliases and mail distribution lists.
- Definition, implementation and maintenance of computer operators procedures.
- Issues of documentation and technical reports.
Specific qualification requirements
- A University degree (Master) in Computer Science.
- At least 4 years of relevant working experience in the activities mentioned above..
- Ideally the candidate shall have a broad experience, working in diverse companies with IT automation projects.
- A good level of written and spoken English and Spanish is desirable.
Legal and Security Requirements
- All applicants must be legally allowed to work in Spain without the need to obtain a work visa. Only European Union (EU), European Economic Area (EEA) and SWISS citizens can be employed by Aurora in Spain.
- Applicants are required to provide a copy of their passport and degree certificate. Aurora will validate the Degree with the issuing University and provide evidence to ESA.
- In line with ESA's security requirements, prior to issuing a letter of employment the applicant shall provide to Aurora a recent official document declaring that they are of good conduct from the country where currently resident, and Aurora will validate your employment history.
It is expected that the work will be performed at the ESAC, the European Space Astronomy Centre at Villafranca del Castillo, near Madrid (Spain).
- The selected candidate will receive good remuneration in line with ESA Job Class.
- You will be registered for both social security and tax in Spain.
- The standard working hours are 40 per week. There are 12 public holidays and an additional 30 annual days holiday.
- In addition to public health services Aurora provides private medical insurance in Spain.
- Training to improve efficiency and provide strength for future career are of course included.
- Aurora can assist financially and provide recent experience information for relocation.
To be considered for this Position
Prior to 3 May 2019, please send a summary of why you are a good candidate for the position together with a complete and detailed Candidate Proposal Form or CV and Motivation Letter to Mr. Davide Starnone and Ms. Tracey Longden, at email email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org quoting reference SCO-03-ITsupport
Please read our Recruitment Process for ESA for more details.
Aurora will agree conditional employment terms and conditions with candidates before presenting them to ESA by 10 May 2019.