WHO ARE WE?
GMV (www.gmv.com) is a privately owned technological enterprise group with an international presence employing more than 2.000 staff. Founded in 1984, GMV mainly operates in eleven large sectors for both public and private organizations: Aeronautics, Automotive, Banking and Insurance, Cybersecurity, Defense and security, Healthcare, ICT for Business, Intelligent Transportation Systems, Public Administration, Space and Telecommunications.
GMV currently runs 8 work centers in Spain and offices in France, Germany, Malaysia, Poland, Portugal, Romania, USA, Colombia and United Kingdom.
We recruit and hire excellent engineers, and encourage innovation, technical excellence and continuing education. Our engineers regularly present papers at technical conferences, continue their education (more than 85% have a master’s degree), and we re-invest more than 12% of budget in IR&D projects. This striving for excellence, innovation and flexibility is a major part of our culture. We provide very competitive compensation, attractive benefits, and a great work environment with lots of opportunities for professional growth.
Responsibilities/ Duties /Tasks
We are looking for a software engineer (or equivalent) to work in GMV’s Toulouse offices on the development of the Space Situational Awareness (SSA) infrastructure for CNES (French Space Agency).
· Analyzing and solving problems in Java-based application infrastructure (persistence, multiprocessing, networking, etc.) used for the development of applications used in the flight-dynamics and space-debris domains (orbit propagation, maneuvers computation, orbit determination, re-entry analysis…)
· Designing, developing and validating new functions in already existing or in new applications of the above-mentioned domains to match the client’s needs.
· Updating or creating the technical documentation (installation manual, user manual, design document…)
· Providing the client with first-level support.
Academic degree: Master’s Degree in Software Engineering or equivalent
Level of English: Advanced
Experience: minimum 2 years
· Java and Java technologies (maven, Eclipse IDE) / Intermediate
· Parallel processing / Intermediate
· Network programming / Intermediate
· Data persistence (spring, hibernate, databases) / Intermediate
· Algorithm analysis and development / Intermediate
· Eclipse RCP
· High performance computing, clusters
· Other languages: C++, C, Fortran 90/95
· Knowledge of French language would be an asset
WHAT DO WE OFFER?
As soon as they join the organization our professionals are given the chance to tackle technological challenges in an innovative environment, to work in multi-disciplinary teams and deal directly with clients. This helps them to mature quickly as professionals.
We provide continual top-up training to keep our career professionals perfectly abreast of all technologies used.
We offer a permanent contract and attractive package including a highly competitive salary plus a comprehensive benefits package.
If you would like to work in an interesting, fun, fast-paced, challenging, diverse and global company which is growing rapidly, please send us your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org