Key Tasks and Responsibilities
You will have the following responsibilities:
- Providing expert technical support and consultancy to ESA projects, programmes and general studies in the field of photonic components throughout all project phases; with an emphasis on support to detector procurements for ESA projects;
- Requesting support from, defining test plans and reviewing test reports from the EEE components laboratory in physical destructive analysis, constructional analysis or failure analysis of photonics components, and performing laboratory activities as required;
- Defining, initiating and managing R&D activities within the Agency’s technology programmes related to development, evaluation and qualification of photonic EEE Components.
Skills & Experience
You will have the following qualifications and relevant experience:
- Master’s degree in Engineering, Electrical Engineering or in a related field;
- Relevant professional work experience in an Industrial, Academic or R&D environment;
- General background and specific experience in the technical domains covered by the position, e.g. experience in manufacturing of photonic components, or experience in performing inspections of detectors;
- Hands-on hardware experience;
- Understanding of related technologies, R&D trends and the industrial landscape;
- Project support experience in a relevant domain;
- Fluency in English is mandatory; knowledge of another European language is an advantage.
This job is located in Noordwijk. We welcome applicants who are available from June 2019 (or as soon as possible thereafter).
If you think you have what it takes for this job, please send us your CV together with a letter of motivation (both in English and in Word) to Mr. Görkem Ercan via the website www.hespace.com/vacancies, ASAP but no later than 06-May-19 quoting job NL-SC-4063.