Position Reference: 148
RHEA Group is currently recruiting a Software Engineer to join our team of seasoned experts with diverse background based at the Harwell Science and Innovation Campus, United Kingdom.
You will have the opportunity to work in a challenging environment with state-of-the-art technologies within the earth observation domain. RHEA currently participates in unique projects from the UK Space Agency (UKSA), European Space Agency (ESA), NATO and the European Commission.
Tasks and Activities
The scope of work will include:
• Contribute to the research and development of a new set of earth observation related products.
• Collaborate, in an Agile development environment, with our team of software engineers and architects throughout the development process.
• Implement code that conforms to performance, security and quality standards.
• Solve and articulate complex problems with application design, development, and user experiences.
Skills and Experience
The following skills and experience are mandatory:
• You have a Bachelor’s or Master’s in computer science, mathematics or a related field with at least 3 years of relevant work experience.
• You have experience in the following:
• Databases: PostgreSQL, MySQL, MongoDB (or other NoSQL database)
• Environment: Linux, Bash scripting, NodeJS
• Data experience: analysis of datasets with Python libraries such as numpy, scikit, pandas, or any other library.
• Queues systems: Redis, RabbitMQ, AWS SNS or any other queue system.
• Deployment: Docker images, nginx, apache.
The following skills are not essential, but would be beneficial:
• You have some of the following experiences:
• Data Cubes: Open Data Cube or Rasdaman
• GIS experience
• Big data (e.g. Hadoop, Spark)
• Machine Learning (e.g. Tensorflow)
• AWS administration
Relevant areas of background for strong applications could be:
• Satellite data processing (Optical / Radar)
• Image processing
How to Apply
Looking to take your career to the next level? Interested applicants should submit their CV and Cover Letter to RHEA’s Recruitment team at email@example.com no later than 22/04/2019.
Preference will be given to candidates eligible for an EU or national personal security clearance at the level of CONFIDENTIAL or above.
About RHEA Group
RHEA Group is a leading engineering consultancy firm with demonstrated expertise in space, system- and secure software solutions.
We attract skilled engineers, scientists and management professionals; and offer a range of exciting career paths working alongside clients such as the European Space Agency, the European GNSS Agency, EUMETSAT and NATO.