Solenix is specialized in the provision of high-quality software engineering, technical consulting and operations services in the aerospace domain. This vacancy note concerns an on-site consulting position at EUMETSAT in Darmstadt, Germany.
Configuration Management Engineer
We are looking for a Configuration Management Engineer for our client EUMETSAT in Darmstadt, Germany. You will join the Technical and Scientific Support (TSS) Department supports the development, maintenance and operations of a number of satellite systems, including the well-known Meteosat Second Generation (MSG), EUMETSAT Polar System (EPS) and Jason-2/3, in addition to a number of Multi-Mission facilities. In the context of the Copernicus Programme the satellite systems currently operational are Sentinel-3A and 3B, with more to come in the next years.
Your tasks within the team shall include as a minimum:
- Provide Change and Configuration Management support to the Copernicus Programme and Service Management Office, liaising with the European Commission and partners like the European Space Agency.
- Control changes to operational systems on a day-by-day basis (check consistency and completeness of change and configuration management data, verify related processes and procedures are properly applied, track overdue actions, etc).
- Prepare and administer Anomaly and Change Review Boards.
- Produce Configuration Status Accounting Reports (CSAR) and CM metrics
- Conduct Configuration Management inspections or audits.
- A university degree (minimum Bachelor, preferably Master) in Computer Science or a related Engineering field.
- Expert knowledge and at least 5 years of practical experience in conducting and implemen-ting change and configuration management activities on large scale software-centred systems in a development or operational environment, preferably for high-availability (24h/day or real time) systems like e.g. processing/production chains, data centres or satellite systems.
- Knowledge of a Configuration Management, Quality Assurance or Project Management standard (e.g. ISO, ITIL, ANSI, ECSS, CMMI).
- Practical experience in specifying or reviewing change and configuration management plans, processes and working practices.
- Knowledge and practical experience with at least one change and configuration management tool (e.g. Serena Dimensions CM, Jira, Clearcase, Remedy, SBM).
- Knowledge and proven experience with project development methodologies, in particular on change and configuration management including the definition or review of upstream source code configuration management requirements, control of configuration evolutions of systems (e.g. software, hardware, databases, satellite and ground system procedures, documents, media, COTS software, COTS licences), up to testing activities and deployment of new releases on configuration controlled environments
- Experience in software programming
- Experience in providing training sessions to a wide range of users and stakeholders
- Demonstrated very good communication and team working skills
- Be able to conduct all activities in an orderly and disciplined manner, in particular when applying and supporting EUMETSAT Change and Configuration management processes and working practices.
- Demonstrated very good skills in timely and accurately documenting of Artefacts
- Be able to work calmly under stress without supervision.
- Experience acquired in the frame of European or International space projects
- Administration of a change and configuration management or a business process management tool
- SQL programming
- Programming with a scripting language such as perl, python or vb.net
- Knowledge of software testing methodologies and tools.
Application Deadline: 13 May 2019
Start of Work: July 2019
Before applying to this position, please read the page Notes to Applicants on the Solenix website under Career.
Applicants must be EU citizens or have a valid work and residence permit in Germany.
Security, identity and reference checks on the candidates are part of the recruitment process.
Please send your applications electronically to email@example.com before the application deadline 13 May 2019.
Learn more about us in Facebook