•Providing expert technical support and consultancy to ESA projects, programmes and general studies in the field of photonic components throughout all project phases; with an emphasis on support to detector procurements for ESA projects.
• Requesting support from, defining test plans and reviewing test reports from the EEE components laboratory in physical destructive analysis, constructional analysis or failure analysis of photonics components, and performing laboratory activities as required;
• Defining, initiating and managing R&D activities within the Agency’s technology programmes related to development, evaluation and qualification of photonic EEE Components.
• Minimum 4 years of relevant work experience in the space sector;
• Excellent interpersonal skills are needed, together with a high degree organizational and communication abilities, and comfortable with working in a diverse and multinational team environment
• A Master's degree or equivalent qualification in an engineering or similar technology related discipline.
• General background and specific experience in the technical domains covered by the position, e.g. experience in manufacturing of photonic