European Test Services (ETS) B.V. is a joint venture between Airbus Defence & Space SAS and IABG mbH located in Noordwijk, The Netherlands. ETS maintains and operates the environmental test centre of the European Space Agency (ESA/ESTEC). ETS is active in mechanical testing, EMC testing, thermal vacuum testing, altitude simulation and more. Besides testing of spacecraft and space applications, ETS has also become a major supplier of testing services to railway, marine and power/electric industry.
• ESTEC, Noordwijk, The Netherlands.
• Performance of preventive and corrective maintenance as well as calibration tasks regarding thermal vacuum facilities (thermal vacuum chamber and related auxiliaries such as sun simulator, vacuum pumps, PLC, etc.) according relevant procedures.
• Support facility modifications and upgrades.
• Thermal vacuum test operator during test execution.
• Performance of activities related to thermal vacuum test preparation including set-up of test installations according to test requirements.
• Execution of thermal vacuum tests including operation / calibration of vacuum gauges, mass-spectrometer and performance of leak detection checks.
• Report directly to the Technical Manager Thermal Facilities.
Qualification and experience:
The holder of this post should have:
• Experience executing of thermal vacuum tests and maintenance tasks.
• Good interpersonal skills with the ability to work effectively in an international environment.
• Good communications skills, team spirit and sense of human relationships.
• A proactive attitude to solve problems with a critical mind.
• Ability to work in shift.
• Flexibility and motivation.
• Fluent English language skills; French and/or Dutch language skills would be beneficial.