About us: It’s a great time to be part of the SES team
We are the world’s leading satellite operator with over 70 satellites in two different orbits, Geostationary Orbit (GEO) and Medium Earth Orbit (MEO). We provide a diverse range of customers with global video distribution and data connectivity services through two business units: SES Video and SES Networks. Our global team works collaboratively to make a significant, and often life-changing difference in the world. As part of our team, you will play an integral part in delivering on our vision. At SES, we connect and enable broadcast, telecom, corporate and government customers, and enrich the lives of billions of people worldwide.
Engineer, Spacecraft Subsystem Payload
Island of Man - Douglas
Based in the Isle of Man, the Payload Engineer will support the development of the company’s next generation of satellites and follow-up contracts with the satellite manufacturers, focusing mainly on the oversight of the payload’s active antennas and solid-state power amplifiers (SSPA). The successful applicant will work closely together with the SES engineering team located in Betzdorf, Luxembourg and with the SES Spacecraft Field Offices located around the world. The position involves following and reporting on the development of multiple satellite telecommunication payload’s active antennas, SSPA’s and overall satellite repeater modules. This position will require the post holder to travel up to 50% of their time.
• Together with the SES engineering team, perform the design, analysis and ensuing preparation of SES future satellite telecommunication payloads, including SES-Next, focusing on latest radiating antennas and SSPA’s technology.
• Support SES Field Offices in performing the oversight of the SES-NEXT payload’s active antennas and SSPA development and, as appropriate, attend relevant meetings and reviews with both SES internal and external stake holders (spacecraft payload manufacturers, antennas and SSPA’s suppliers).
• Early detection and identification of critical problem areas throughout the design, construction and test phases of the satellites’ payload.
• Safe guarding SES interests in the case of technical or programmatic issues arising.
• Solid background in digital communication/RF engineering, satellite payload architecture and antennas
• Ability to find and propose pragmatic solutions on payload issues compatible with the cost and schedule of the program, and in close collaboration with the manufacturers, the SES field office team and the specialists within SES.
• Excellent communications skills both written and oral.
• Negotiation skills, assertiveness and ability to seek working solutions within program constraints.
• University degree in one of the following fields: Electrical/Telecommunication/RF and Microwave Engineering, Aerospace Engineering, Engineering Physics or equivalent. Masters or Ph.D. is an asset.
• Experience in the design and development of solid-state amplifiers and active antennas.
• Solid experience with RF hardware, antennas, and/or with payload system engineering, related to telecommunication satellites would be considered an asset.
• Knowledge in Link & Power budgets.
What’s in it for you?
In addition to a competitive salary and benefits package, we offer you a truly global opportunity in an exciting industry and all the support you’ll need for both your professional and personal development. But most of all, we offer a truly unique opportunity to play your part in making a difference for those who need it most. We strive to uphold honesty, transparency and courage in everything we do. We’re proud to belong to the SES team and collaborate towards success.
Good to know
For more information on SES, click here.
SES is an Equal Opportunity Employer and welcomes diversity!