Telespazio are looking for an experienced Engineer to work onsite at ESTEC within the Technology Preparation Section, in the Future Missions Office (SCI-F).
To provide support for the timely development of technologies required for the future Science missions.
Responsibilities / Duties
Duties will include but are not limited to:
• Planning the implementation of technology development activities for the future missions of ESA’s Science programme, involving coordination across ESA and with external entities;
• Preparation of Technology Development Plans following ESA end-to-end Technology Management processes and production of formal/official documents;
• Managing the processes and tools for the monitoring of technology development activities and preparation of reports for internal and external entities;
• Provide technical support to the development of technologies required for future Science missions and for the technical implementation of activities (preparation of Statement of Work and Technical Requirements, technical follow-up etc. acting as Technical Officer);
• Support Technology Readiness Assessments for future Science missions and advanced studies related to advanced technologies
• Participate in technical reviews and working groups
Qualifications / Experience
The role requires that the successful candidate possess a wide spectrum knowledge in engineering physics, with a natural inclination for understanding new technologies.
• A PhD or MSc or equivalent qualification in Space Systems Engineering, Physics or a related discipline.
• At least 4 years of relevant work experience.
• An ability to work independently and to establish good working relations is essential
• A pro-active and can-do attitude is expected
• Strong analytical, organizational and reporting skills.
• Several years of experience in the development of advanced technologies, preferably for space applications.
• Management experience with industrial contract exposure.
• Knowledge of advanced optics, novel sensors and materials, power generation, thermal protection and cryogenics.
• Ability to technically follow technology development contracts.
• Experience planning of the implementation of technology developments and the reporting on on-going activities will form an important key service aspect.
• Knowledge of programming/database languages.
All roles within Telespazio VEGA have a defined closing date, however if a successful candidate is found before the advert expires the role will be closed early. We would therefore advise any candidate to apply as early as possible to avoid disappointment.
Closing Date for applications is Wednesday 22nd May 2019.
Location of the position is ESTEC, The Netherlands.
In line with Asylum & Immigration Legislation, all applicants must be eligible to live and work in the EU. Documented evidence of eligibility will be required from candidates as part of the recruitment process. Furthermore, in view of the nature of the work the company is in, all potential employees will undergo stringent reference and identity checks.