Software Product Assurance Engineer - ESTEC, Ref no: 19-70122
The high-tech and innovative Terma Group develops products and systems for defence, non-defence and security applications, including command and control systems, radar systems, self-protection systems for aircraft and vessels, space technology, and aero-structures for the aircraft industry.
Terma is headquartered at Aarhus, Denmark. Internationally, Terma has subsidiaries and operations in The Netherlands, France, Germany, United Kingdom, United Arab Emirates, India, Singapore and the U.S.
The Space Business Area contributes with mission-customized software and hardware products including power systems and star trackers as well as services to support a number of in-orbit pioneering European scientific and Earth observation satellite missions. Additionally, Terma is contracted for the development and delivery of software and hardware systems and services for numerous ongoing and future European, and international missions.
Terma Space operates out of Denmark, The Netherlands, France, Germany, the UK and France.
For our customer, the European Space Agency (ESA), we are seeking an experienced Software Product Assurance Engineer to work at ESA’s ESTEC site in Noordwijk, The Netherlands.
You will be assigned to the Software Product Assurance Section within the Directorate of Technical and Quality Management.
You will provide support to ESA projects in the areas of monitoring & assessing the implementation of the Software PA & Safety Programme. This includes support to any or all of the following activities:
• Contribute the establishing of the programmatic and technical software PA requirements within the framework of the ESA Software policy.
• Evaluate Contractors’ plans, technical specifications and efforts proposed for the execution of the S/W PA programme.
• Monitor and evaluate S/W PA analyses, reports and technical notes.
• Participation to project reviews, meetings, Configuration Control Boards, Non-Conformance Review Boards and Software Review Boards.
• Prepare design trade-offs, analyses and reports using metrics to support project decisions.
• Participate to software product evaluations and process assessments.
• Establish and maintain databases to track NCRs, RFWs, action items etc. as required.
This is a full-time position located at ESTEC, Noordwijk, The Netherlands.
The anticipated start of work is approx. August 2019.
Qualifications & Competencies
The successful candidate shall have:
• Master’s degree in Software Engineering or Computer Science with a background on space engineering.
• At least 4 years of relevant professional working experience including several years in a Product/Quality Assurance role. Particular experience in the space sector is a distinctive advantage.
• Familiarity with space product assurance practices together with a good working knowledge of appropriate working tools.
• Practical experience in applying ECSS S/W standards (ECSS-E-ST-40).
• Knowledge and proven experience in the following areas:
• Configuration management of complex systems.
• Software engineering and PA in critical applications.
• Experience and knowledge of ISO standards and auditing would be a further asset.
• Ability to interface with internal and external actors (management, technical, administrative etc.).
• Excellent organizational, communication and interpersonal skills.
• Good verbal and written communications (primarily English).
• Rigor, commitment and reliability in the execution of the assigned tasks.
• Proactive attitude to solving problems, identify priority actions and to handle high workload.
What can Terma Offer?
At Terma, we consider skilled employees, enthusiasm and job satisfaction as the very foundation of our success and as a prerequisite for the development of the “best-in-class” solutions that Terma provides. We lead the way in applying new technology, offering a wide range of growth opportunities for each individual and emphasizing mutual respect across the board in our workplace.
Terma offers you a pleasant working environment at the customer site, where you will be able to take on challenging tasks and responsibilities in a highly professional company.
• Great opportunities for training and personal development
• Challenges in advanced technical environment
• International and cosmopolitan working atmosphere
• An employment contract with an attractive package with extra-legal benefits
• Highly competitive salary
• Support on re-location (if applicable)
Recruitment is depending on successful selection by the customer.
To ensure that your application will reach us and is properly processed, please apply exclusively through our website http://www.terma.com/careers/jobs/ and upload a cover Letter explaining your background and expertise, as well as your earliest date of availability, and an up-to-date Curriculum Vitae.
Closing date: June 13th 2019
Please note the following Legal & Security requirements:
• Applicants must hold all appropriate permits to work in the EU.
• Applicants are required to provide a copy of their ID/passport and degree/higher education certificate. Terma will validate the certificate with the issuing authority.
• A Certificate of Good Conduct or equivalent will be applied for at commencement of employment.
This Privacy Notice covers any personal data you submit to Terma for the recruiting process, including e.g.:
• Your name, contact details and application status
• Information included in your CV or cover letter, such as job history, academic background, skills and competencies, personal interests, languages spoken, and your photo
• Job preferences and type of employment sought
• Names and contact details for references