Position Reference: 539
You will have the opportunity to provide support to the Thermal Analysis & Verification Section.
Tasks and Activities
The scope of work will include:
• Support projects and external customers in the domain of thermal and mechanical experimental verification and environmental testing of small scale space equipment in facilities of the Mechanical Systems Laboratory (MSL). You will be involved in all activities related to preparation, execution, and evaluation and reporting under the direct supervision of the Head of the Laboratory.
• Support the development and the maintenance of the laboratory infrastructure.
• Ensure compliance with ISO 17025 for operational work and shall support the definition and maintenance of working (maintenance) procedures for the laboratory facilities.
• Make regular progress reports.
• Provide adequate documentation, covering all tasks above.
Skills and Experience
The following skills and experience are mandatory:
• You have a Technical Degree (Bsc., Diploma or equivalent) from a recognised Institution or equivalent.
• You have a strong background in environmental testing and thermal verification.
• You have proven experience in the area of testing with evidence of work in a laboratory and within a team of engineers and technicians.
• You have good knowledge of ISO 17025 quality systems.
• You have proven experience in the area of laboratory maintenance & calibration & data acquisition.
The following skills would be highly desirable:
• Knowledge and practical experience of thermal/mechanical testing of space equipment, associated measurement techniques, and vacuum technologies.
• Specific knowledge and experience in vibration testing.
How to Apply
Looking to take your career to the next level? Interested applicants should submit their CV and Cover Letter to RHEA’s Recruitment team at email@example.com no later than 04/06/2019.
Preference will be given to candidates eligible for an EU or national personal security clearance at the level of CONFIDENTIAL or above.
About RHEA Group
RHEA Group is a leading engineering consultancy firm with demonstrated expertise in space, system- and secure software solutions.
We attract skilled engineers, scientists and management professionals; and offer a range of exciting career paths working alongside clients such as the European Space Agency, the European GNSS Agency, EUMETSAT and NATO.