Deadline to apply: 30th August 2019
With 1.800 employees worldwide, the CS Group is a leading IT company in France and in Germany, and a prime contractor in designing, integrating and operating mission critical systems. It has now been over 30 years that comprehensive CS solutions for space systems and applications, both on the ground and in space, have been part and parcel of this odyssey. Our German activities grow at fast pace and to face our costumers' high level expectations and needs, we are looking for talented profiles having relevant experience in Space systems.
We are looking for a System Operations Engineer
- University degree (or equivalent) in a relevant technical discipline;
- Experience of System Operations in a real-time spacecraft operations environment;
- Experience defining and implementing the verification and validation of ground segment systems;
- Experience defining, development, integration, acceptance testing and operation of mission data systems;
Additional skills (considering as an added value):
- Earth Observation ground segments;
- Project and technical management / coordination.
- Experience of communications systems operations;
- Experience of operations security;
- Experience in business continuity techniques and associated system operations;
- Experience in the operations preparation and routine operations of Geostationary (‘GEO’) and Low Earth Orbit (‘LEO’) satellite systems;
Tasks will include (not exhaustive):
- Definition and maintenance of system operations procedures, including System and ground segment procedures and operations guides;
- Liaison with the spacecraft operations team to ensure the continuity and optimisation of spacecraft monitoring and control activities;
- Liaison and coordination with the ground segment facility operations teams and system operations analysts to ensure the continuity and optimisation of ground segment and mission operations (through procedure and operations guide updates, configuration changes, database or user interface changes etc.);
- Interface and coordination with the systems maintenance teams and industry representatives to ensure optimised performance, including participating in the definition and implementation of any changes;
- Provision of operational ground segment analyses;
- Provision of stand-by/on-call services, on an “as needed” basis. This will be coordinated through the normal on-call process;
- Provision of services to critical operations, as required,;
- Processing and coordination of system anomalies, their documentation, investigation, classification and resolution/mitigation, including participation in Anomaly Review Boards;
- Participation in technical meetings, formal reviews, and scheduling and planning meetings;
- Processing and coordination of system modifications, including their documentation, approval, and implementation, including participation in Change Review Boards;
- Participation in, the functional verification and operational validation of system upgrades and evolutions, both standalone and in the context of an overall ground segment.
- Provision of training, through written materials, practical demonstrations and presentations, to other members of the Operations Team.