Deadline to apply: 26th June 2019
With 1.800 employees worldwide, the CS Group is a leading IT company in France and in Germany, and a prime contractor in designing, integrating and operating mission critical systems. It has now been over 30 years that comprehensive CS solutions for space systems and applications, both on the ground and in space, have been part and parcel of this odyssey. Our German activities grow at fast pace and to face our costumers' high level expectations and needs, we are looking for talented profiles having relevant experience in Space systems.
We are looking for a Mission Control Application Engineer
- Experience in the definition of Ground Segment system level requirements and production of system architectural design artefacts in the domain of the Mission Control Applications.
- Experience (minimum 5 years) in the definition of software requirements and architectural design and implementation of Spacecraft Monitoring & Control applications.
- Experience (minimum 5 years) in the customization of Spacecraft Monitoring & Control applications based on MICONYS® software suite from ESA/ESOC. In particular experience in the telemetry and commanding chains and in the archive component is considered mandatory.
- Knowledge and understanding with actual working experience of space related standards (ECSS and CCSDS) concerning space-to-ground interfaces and applicable to Satellite Mission Control Systems such as: ECSS Packet Utilization Standard (PUS), CCSDS Space Packet Protocol (SPP) and CCSDS Space Link Extension Protocol (SLE).
Software Development Lifecycle Skills
- Experience (minimum 3 years) in the full cycle of development and maintenance of Mission Control Applications following formal software engineering processes. This includes user and system requirement analysis, software requirement engineering, software design, implementation, corrective, perfective and adaptive maintenance activities.
Additional skills (considering as an added value):
- Experience with Mission Control Applications and/or operations specifically for LEO spacecraft.
- Knowledge of the Mission Control System interfaces with the Mission Planning Systems function and the Flight Dynamics Systems.
- Experience with test tools for Spacecraft Monitoring & Control System, e.g. Satellite Simulators.
- System/Application Development and Management
- Experience in being the technical point of contact for contractors working at off-site premises and responsible for application software evolution and maintenance.
- Experience in IV&V (integration, verification and validation) definition (e.g. test plan, test procedures) for Mission Control Applications.
- IBM DOORS requirement management Tool.
- Sparx Systems Enterprise Architect Tool.
- Linux Operating System.
- Experience in developing software applications using interfaces to relational database management systems (RDBMS) and experience with data model design for RDBMS.
- Unified Modelling Language (UML) for software design.
- Experience using tools for the automation of software testing.
Tasks will include (not exhaustive):
Support to New Mission Phase-C/D activities / Support to Applications development
- Follow the software requirement definition, design and development, of Mission Control Applications produced by internal and external contractors.
- Participation and contribution in software requirements, design and implementation reviews related to Mission Control Applications produced by internal and external contractors.
- Interfacing with the Mission Operations Team to consolidate the operational concept in the area of the Mission Control Applications.
- Support to the Ground Segment engineering activities (i.e. requirements, external interfaces and design consolidation), in the area of the Mission Control Applications,
- Support and document the evolution of all interfaces (ICDs) between the elements of the Mission Control Applications and other Ground Segment or external elements.
- Support the production of design models using CASE tools.
- Participation in verification readiness reviews and verification testing campaigns both internal and with external contractors related to the Mission Control Applications.
Support to GSI MCA Activities / Reference Architecture
- Participation to the definition and maintenance of the EUMETSAT TSS reference architecture for the Mission Control Applications part of the Ground Segment.