Position Reference: 062
You will have the opportunity to spacecraft operations engineering support within the Solar System and Exploration Missions department.
Tasks and Activities
The scope of work will include:
• Study of Project specific Characteristics and Ground Segment Documentation
• Preparation of Functional Requirements for the Project dedicated Flight Control Software
• Participation in the Analysis and Design of Satellite Operations
• Preparation of Functional Requirements for the Project dedicated Flight Control Ground Facilities
• Preparation of Flight Control and Contingency Procedures, flight timelines
• Mission Management and Mission Planning Support Service
• On-Board Software Maintenance Support Service
• Production of Project specific Software Validation and Satellite Interface Validation Test (SVT) Procedures, Reports and Participation in SVTs
• Participation in the System Operations Validation Test (SOV), Training and Simulation Programmes
• Participation in Launch and Early Orbit Phase (LEOP), commissioning and Mission Critical Operations
• General Flight Control Support Service
• Spacecraft Performance Analysis
• Ground tools testing (mission control system, mission planning system, simulator)
Skills and Experience
The following skills and experience are mandatory:
• You have knowledge of spacecraft system and subsystem
• You have experience with ESOC spacecraft operations
• You are familiar with satellite control systems, in particular SCOS-2000
• You are able to coordinate with other service providers in operations
• You are fluent in English.
The following skills would be highly desirable:
• You have some experience dealing with external interfaces like ESAC/PIs
• You are familiar with operational simulators, especially the ones based on SimSat
• You are familiar with deep space or astronomy missions
• You are familiar with MOIS 7
How to Apply
Looking to take your career to the next level? Interested applicants should submit their CV and Cover Letter to RHEA’s Recruitment team at email@example.com no later than 27/05/2019.
Preference will be given to candidates eligible for an EU or national personal security clearance at the level of CONFIDENTIAL or above.
About RHEA Group
RHEA Group is a leading engineering consultancy firm with demonstrated expertise in space, system- and secure software solutions.
We attract skilled engineers, scientists and management professionals; and offer a range of exciting career paths working alongside clients such as the European Space Agency, the European GNSS Agency, EUMETSAT and NATO.