Position Reference: 008
You will have the opportunity to provide engineering support with a focus on Test and Validation for Science Missions. The main activities will be related to JUICE mission.
Tasks and Activities
The scope of work will include:
• Test and Validation:
• Execution of and support to operational tasks
• Validation of operational Flight Dynamics products, such as command parameter sets, reports, event predictions and acquisition data before delivery to FCT and other users)
• Flight Dynamics Application Layer:
• Maintenance of elements of the Flight Dynamics Application Layer
• Flight Dynamics System Development:
• Specification of modifications, enhancements and additions to existing software elements
• Implementation of modifications, enhancements and additions to existing software elements
• Installation of modifications, enhancements and additions to existing software elements on operational platform(s)- design, coordination and implementation of tests
• Participation in tests
• Set-up procedures
• Flight Dynamics (Sub-)System configuration
• Coordination of internal and external interfaces and activities across subsystems
• General Flight Dynamics operations engineering activities
Skills and Experience
The following skills and experience are mandatory:
• You have a University degree in a relevant engineering field, astronomy, mathematics or physics
• You are able to apply your knowledge to develop solutions to technical (mathematical and dynamical) problems in cooperation with customers and other experts
• You are able to define, implement, validate and operate software which applies the above solutions (using e.g. Unix and/or Linux scripting languages, Fortran 77 and/or 95, C++)
• You are willing to take operational responsibility in multi-discipline teams
• You are fluent in English, both in speech and writing
• You are able coordinate and interact with other service providers in operations and other fields.
• You are able to work independently
The following skills would be highly desirable:
• You are familiar with the ESOC environment
• You have experience with Flight Dynamics operations engineering tasks
• You have experience dealing with external interfaces
• You have experience with Oracle/Solaris and/or Linux, network services and protocols, and system administration
• You are able to multi-task efficiently; working on multiple activities, multiple subsystems and if applicable multiple missions simultaneously.
How to Apply
Looking to take your career to the next level? Interested applicants should submit their CV and Cover Letter to RHEA’s Recruitment team at firstname.lastname@example.org no later than 12/06/2019.
Preference will be given to candidates eligible for an EU or national personal security clearance at the level of CONFIDENTIAL or above.
About RHEA Group
RHEA Group is a leading engineering consultancy firm with demonstrated expertise in space, system- and secure software solutions.
We attract skilled engineers, scientists and management professionals; and offer a range of exciting career paths working alongside clients such as the European Space Agency, the European GNSS Agency, EUMETSAT and NATO.