Airbus is a global leader in aeronautics, space and related services. In 2017, it generated revenues of € 67 billion and employed a workforce of around 130,000.
Airbus offers the most comprehensive range of passenger airliners from 100 to more than 600 seats. Airbus is also a European leader providing tanker, combat, transport and mission aircraft, as well as Europe's number one space enterprise and the world's second largest space business. In helicopters, Airbus provides the most efficient civil and military solutions worldwide. Our people work with passion and determination to make the world a more connected, safer and smarter place.
Our diversity and teamwork culture empower us to accomplish the extraordinary - on the ground, in the sky and in space.
Description of the job
Because of a expansion Airbus Defence and Space (ADS) is looking for a Service Architect to join the Service Design Team at Airbus in Newport, South Wales.
You will report directly into the Head of Service Design.
The Service Architect identifies how service resources (people/processes/technology) work together in the most efficient way to meet customer requirements.
You will collaborate with bid manages, engineers, commercial, finance and service managers to ensure that your design complements the needs of the overarching solution and that the service operations department approves the design.
You will travel on occasions to supplier and customer sites to determine requirements, and negotiate clear scopes of work.
You will work within the ITIL methodology and ensure your designs meet ISO20000 standard.
Tasks & accountabilities
• Oversee the Service Management design covering high-level architecture, Concept of Operations, ITIL process, proposed organisation structure and skills, service cost models
• Produce the service management plan
• Produce the customer specific service catalogue
• Produce a draft SLA and presenting to Service Managers and Commercial
• Advise the transition/project manager during integration of the services solution
• Integrate the service solution into the existing Service Management Portfolio
• Provide ongoing support for the provision of continuous service improvement plans
• Understand the Airbus Secure Communications and Cyber Portfolio offering.
• Identify any capability shortfall along with recommendations required to provide the service.
This job requires an awareness of any potential compliance risks and a commitment to act with integrity, as the foundation for the Company’s success, reputation and sustainable growth.
Top 3 tech/experience skills
• A degree in a related subject or relevant experience
• 5+ years’ experience in Service management
• Shipley or equivalent bid writing experience
• ITILv3 Manager/Practitioner
Top 3 soft skills
• Methodical in approach to make informed decisions.
• Articulate and influence our clients to resolve any problems experienced
• Creative and innovative-to provide fresh solutions.
Salary and benefits
• Great compensation package
• 25 days holiday plus bank holidays
• Flexible Working
• Company Success Sharing scheme
• Share options
• match contribution based
• Development opportunities
Because of the nature of work undertaken, these positions are required to meet special nationality rules and therefore these vacancies are only open to sole British Citizens. If you who meet this criteria you will also undergo security clearance vetting, if not already security cleared to a minimum SC level
We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, colour, ancestry, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, or veteran status. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.