The European GNSS Agency (GSA) is responsible for the operations and service provision for the European Global Navigation Satellite Systems (GNSS) EGNOS and Galileo. By developing a new generation of GNSS, Europe is laying the foundation for new high-technology industry development, leading to job creation and economic growth.
The ICT & FML Department shall proactively contribute to the fulfilment of the Agency’s mission, particularly regarding all matters related to the management of the GSA ICT systems and the management of GSA facilities and logistics across various GSA offices in the EU.
Among other tasks the ICT & FML department shall support the business needs of the Agency from technical and organisational standpoints through leading and managing the ICT and FML Department and activities of the Agency.
TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The Head of ICT & FML reports to the Agency’s Head of Administration.
As manager in a key position the successful candidate will be asked to contribute to the orientation of the Agency as a whole and to the elaboration and implementation of its strategy.
He/she shall be responsible, under the steering and supervision of the Head of Administration, for ensuring a development, maintenance and implementation of the ICT strategy and policy, and for proposing its evolution whilst providing optimal support to the GSA with an emphasis on resource utilisation, and sound financial and technical management.
The main tasks and responsibilities shall include – without limitation and subject to adjustments:
- Lead and manage the ICT & FML Department, including managing Department staff, organisation, job design and work procedures;
- Ensure the GSA’s business needs are achieved as per the ICT & FML Department’s mission and tasks described in the preceding paragraph;
- Develop and implement GSA ICT security standards, policies and procedures adequate to protect the information against the threats and vulnerabilities identified, in close coordination with the Security Department;
- Act as system owner for GSA ICT systems processing unclassified and classified information;
- Ensure effective use of budget for data processing and telecommunication costs;
- Coordinate and implement business continuity planning in the ICT & FML areas;
- Contribute to the corporate tasks of the GSA, such as planning, reporting, administration, financial & budget management, risk management and communications;
- Manage procurement processes for the selection of service providers for ICT & FML activities and ensure the proper management and execution of the respective contracts and agreements;
- Oversee and ensure consistency in the planning, efficient utilisation and maintenance of the Agency’s offices, ensuring compliance with applicable health & safety requirements, including the management of the logistical aspects of the GSA offices;
- Contribute to the effective and efficient implementation of GSA’s quality and internal control framework in ICT & FML;
- Maintain and develop an ICT & FML culture of customer service;
- Liaise as required with GSA members and stakeholders (including relevant EU Institutions and GNSS partners, mainly European Commission, ESA, other agencies, host member states etc.) in the ICT & FML areas.
The selection procedure is open to applicants who satisfy the following eligibility criteria, on the closing date for application:
- A level of education which corresponds to completed university studies attested by a diploma when the normal period of university education is four years or more
- A level of education which corresponds to completed university studies attested by a diploma and at least one year of appropriate professional experience when the normal period of university education is three years;
- In addition to the above, appropriate professional experience of at least twelve years after obtaining the required diploma;
- Be a national of a Member State of the European Union or Norway;
- Be entitled to his or her full rights as citizen;
- Have fulfilled any obligations imposed by the applicable laws concerning military service;
- Meet the character requirements for the duties involved;
- Have a thorough knowledge of one of the languages of the European Union and a satisfactory knowledge of another language of the European Union to the extent necessary for the performance of his/her duties;
- Be physically fit to perform the duties linked to the post.
In order to be considered for this position, candidates need to create an account by registering via the GSA e-recruitment tool.
Only applications submitted via the e-recruitment tool will be accepted. Applications sent via email or post will not be taken into consideration.
A full job description and further information on the application procedure can be found here:
The GSA’s systems support the most commonly used Internet browsers. If you encounter issues,please consider changing the browser first before contacting us.