HE Space is a successful international space company. For over 30 years, we have been supporting our customers with qualified experts in the field of engineering, science and administration. We are currently looking for a Payload Integration Engineer to support our customer in the Netherlands. This is a 1-year assignment to cover maternity leave.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities
The Payload Integration Manager is responsible for managing the integration of the assigned payload activities during the International Space Station (ISS) exploitation phase by performing the following tasks within the Directorate of Human Spaceflight and Operations:
- Support the generation and negotiation of (International Partner) agreements (e.g. ESA PIA, ESA-NASA PIA, JIP, JUP, etc) if these agreements are required;
- Review and analyse the Experiment Science Requirements (ESR); suggest changes if needed and present results to the board;
- Support the preparation of the Research Directive (RD);
- Responsible for: CEF preparation and submittal and Manifest Request (MR) preparation and submittal;
- Responsible for the generation of ESA and NASA PIAs;
- Support the relevant payload development reviews (e.g. Critical Design Review (CDR), Final Acceptance Review (FAR));
- Support the analytical integration activities of payloads into Columbus;
- Support the integration activities of payloads into IP elements;
- Support the Flight Safety and Integrated Safety process of payloads;
- Support the resolution of SPRs;
- Support the Logistics service for cargo transportation and integration;
- Support the hardware operations nomenclature (OpNom) request process;
- Support the development of label plans and label requests;
- Support the User Support and Operations Centres (USOCs);
- Responsible for generating a monthly PIM report and PIM schedule for each allocated payload;
- Responsible for generating and submitting an integrated CoFR data package for each allocated payload, as per schedule provided in the increment CoFR letter and plan;
- Responsible for creating (and eventually closing) any OW identified in the integrated CoFR data package.
Skills & Experience
- You will have the following qualifications and relevant experience:
- University degree (Msc) or equivalent qualification in engineering or science (biology, medicine, physics, chemistry) discipline;
- Demonstrated experience in aerospace or human spaceflight activities management, including development, integration and on-orbit operations activities of complex payloads;
- Results oriented, good communicator with strong stakeholder management skills;
- A strong aptitude for relationship management as well as good communication skills;
- Fluency in English is mandatory; knowledge of another European language is an advantage.
- This job is located in Noordwijk. We welcome applicants who are available from July 2018 (or as soon as possible thereafter).
If you think you have what it takes for this job, please send your CV together with a letter of motivation(both in English) to Ms Sabrina Kracke ASAP but no later than 23-Jun-19 quoting job NL-SC-4103.
An exciting and dynamic international working environment awaits you!