The high-tech and innovative Terma Group develops products and systems for defence, non-defence and security applications, including command and control systems, radar systems, self-protection systems for aircraft and vessels, space technology, and aero-structures for the aircraft industry.
Terma is headquartered at Aarhus, Denmark. Internationally, Terma has subsidiaries and operations in The Netherlands, France, Germany, United Kingdom, United Arab Emirates, India, Singapore and the U.S.
The Space Business Area contributes with mission-customized software and hardware products including power systems and star trackers as well as services to support a number of in-orbit pioneering European scientific and Earth observation satellite missions. Additionally, Terma is contracted for the development and delivery of software and hardware systems and services for numerous ongoing and future European, and international missions.
Terma Space operates out of Denmark, The Netherlands, France, Germany, the UK and France.
For our customer, the European Space Agency (ESA), we are seeking an experienced RF Payload Engineer to work at ESA’s ESTEC site in Noordwijk, The Netherlands.
You will be assigned to ESA/ESTEC’s Payload Engineering Section within the Directorate of Technical and Quality Management (D/TEC).
Within the section activities cover two main areas:
• Preparing and monitoring Research and Development activities in the field of RF Payloads. This includes following and adapting technical developments in the field to the specific ESA context and promoting results of the Section’s activities internally and externally.
• Provide domain-specific technical support to ESA projects. This includes “in-house” design and trade-off studies to support both developments, reviews, and anomaly investigation.
The activities to be performed cover:
• Contribute to internal ESA R&D activities for the design, modelling, architectural trade-off and performance assessment of advanced RF telecommunication and/or navigation payloads, with main emphasis on payloads based on digital signal processing and active antennas;
• Carry out computer simulations at system/subsystem level for the assessment of end-to-end payload performance;
• Perform technical management of R&D activities with industry/institutions in the field of advanced payload concepts and sub-systems/equipment development;
• Provide expert RF payload technical support to ESA projects and programmes;
• Contribute to the generation and promotion of innovative ideas for future satellite missions in the field of RF payloads for telecommunications and/or navigation, including the definition of ESA R&D programmes;
• Define technical requirements and statements of work for R&D activities to be performed by industry, from early conceptual studies to full hardware development;
• Contribute to the development/usage of section related laboratory facilities and analysis/simulation tools;
• Maintain state-of-the-art expertise by monitoring the RF/Microwave systems technological trends and applying them in the day-to-day tasks.
This is a full-time position located at ESTEC, Noordwijk, The Netherlands.
The requested start of work is August 2019 or as soon as possible thereafter.
Qualifications & Competencies
The successful candidate shall have:
• A Master’s degree in Telecommunications, Microwave or RF Electronics Engineering.
• At least 4 years of relevant industrial experience.
• Good background and several years of working experience on design, development and testing of Radio Frequency (spaceborne) payloads in the domain of telecommunications and/or navigation;
• Knowledge of end-to-end payload performance and signal quality analysis;
• Experience on space payloads based on digital signal processing;
• Knowledge of state-of-the-art RF analogue and (high-speed) digital signal processing techniques and technologies;
• Very good knowledge of software and simulation tools and programming (Matlab/Simulink, ADS/VSS, C/C++, Python).
• Prior knowledge of ESA programmes and processes is an asset.
• Capable of promoting cooperation and team-working, problem solving.
What can Terma Offer?
At Terma, we consider skilled employees, enthusiasm and job satisfaction as the very foundation of our success and as a prerequisite for the development of the “best-in-class” solutions that Terma provides. We lead the way in applying new technology, offering a wide range of growth opportunities for each individual and emphasizing mutual respect across the board in our workplace.
Terma offers you a pleasant working environment at the customer site, where you will be able to take on challenging tasks and responsibilities in a highly professional company.
• Great opportunities for training and personal development
• Challenges in advanced technical environment
• International and cosmopolitan working atmosphere
• An employment contract with an attractive package with extra-legal benefits
• Highly competitive salary
• Support on re-location (if applicable)
Recruitment is depending on successful selection by the customer.
To ensure that your application will reach us and is properly processed, please apply exclusively through our website http://www.terma.com/careers/jobs/ and upload a cover Letter explaining your background and expertise, as well as your earliest date of availability, and an up-to-date Curriculum Vitae.
For further information, please contact Mr. Simon Mills by email [email@example.com].
Closing date: July 11th 2019
Please note the following Legal & Security requirements:
• Applicants must hold all appropriate permits to work in the EU.
• Applicants are required to provide a copy of their ID/passport and degree/higher education certificate. Terma will validate the certificate with the issuing authority.
• A Certificate of Good Conduct or equivalent will be applied for at commencement of employment.
This Privacy Notice covers any personal data you submit to Terma for the recruiting process, including e.g.:
• Your name, contact details and application status
• Information included in your CV or cover letter, such as job history, academic background, skills and competencies, personal interests, languages spoken, and your photo
• Job preferences and type of employment sought
• Names and contact details for references