A great opportunity for a keen laboratory technician to join the Telespazio VEGA UK team working in the Netherlands
To support client project teams in failure investigations of metallic materials and processes, as well as performing laboratory based Non Destructive Investigations, Mechanical Testing and X-ray tomography testing.
Responsibilities / Duties
The successful candidate will be involved in some of the following duties:
• Performing measurements and failure analyses on metallic materials.
• Issuing dedicated testing procedures and developing the documentation
• Recording test requests and test results in the relevant quality management systems and databases;
• Setting up and operating equipment /analysis tools devoted to the assessment of space environmental effects. Including;
• Assessment by simulating the space environment (vacuum, radiation, ATOX, contamination, thermal)
• Pre /post characterisation by analytical techniques (thermal analysis, chemical analysis, physical and microscopic analysis, surface analysis, spectroscopic analysis, NDI techniques etc.)
• Using a variety of laboratory tools, including acoustic microscopy, optical microscopy, scanning microscopy, confocal microscopy, XRD, X-Ray imaging, NDI etc., XPS, surface tension, Auger Microscopy, Raman Spectroscopy, Atomic Force Microscopy, IST Testing;
• Performing mechanical, thermo-mechanical, thermal and corrosion characterisation testing. Including;
• Static, fatigue, thermo-gravimetric, differential scanning calorimetry, CTE determination, thermal diffusivity/conductivity analysis, coupled and advanced thermal modelling techniques for physico-chemical analysis, stress-corrosion, galvanic, humidity/salt fog testing
• Recording sample properties or condition during and after test, accurately and legibly;
• Drafting relevant test reports for all performed test activities;
• Checking test equipment performance, and reporting any anomalies or faults;
• Improving test procedures and ensuring that these are executed correctly;
• Maintaining relevant test equipment, ensuring that the equipment under their responsibility is kept in an operational state and all necessary routine calibration and maintenance activities are performed
Qualifications / Experience
• Technical degree or Technician’s Diploma from a recognized institution or equivalent with minimum 4 years of relevant experience
• Strong hands-on materials laboratory experience related to:
• Metallic materials
• X-Ray Tomography
• Mechanical Testingf
• Characterisation /verification and failure investigation; NDI Non Destructive Investigations
• Capable of working in a timely manner in order to meet assigned deadlines
• Able to balance the demands of multiple projects
• Good interpersonal and communication skills;
• Able to issue clear and concise materials testing reports;
• Ability for critical thinking in failure analysis activities
All roles within Telespazio VEGA have a defined closing date, however if a successful candidate is found before the advert expires the role will be closed early. We would therefore advise any candidate to apply as early as possible to avoid disappointment.
Closing Date for applications is 11th August 2019.
Location of the position is the Netherlands.
Competitive Package covering salary, generous holiday allowance, training plan and more
In line with Asylum & Immigration Legislation, all applicants must be eligible to live and work in the EU. Documented evidence of eligibility will be required from candidates as part of the recruitment process. Furthermore, in view of the nature of the work the company is in, all potential employees will undergo stringent reference and identity checks.