Position Reference: 061
RHEA Group is currently recruiting a Software Engineer to support our Ground Segment Solutions and MOIS team in both RHEA Group and ESOC premises in Darmstadt, Germany.
You will be working closely with RHEA’s Development Team in Darmstadt on a number of major software enhancements that aim to widen the scope of our Software products and integrate the latest technologies.
RHEA Group’s MOIS product is an integrated set of software tools for spacecraft test and mission operation procedure preparation and execution. It is used by ESA on all current and upcoming missions and is also provided as a commercial product to the space industry. The software is used for more than 80 satellites. The Ground Segment Solutions team also provides developments in the area of satellite ground segment and operations for different customers in the space industry.
Tasks and Activities
As a Software Development and Support Engineer, your envisaged tasks and activities include:
• Providing high quality technical user support to various spacecraft project and mission teams at ESA ESOC and the European industry.
• Software development activities for applications and tools in the frame of RHEA’s space projects.
• Taking ownership of technical issues, and working closely with the Development Team to resolve more advanced issues where necessary
• Implementing mission-specific enhancements to the Rhea’s software products.
• Ensuring timely bug fixes and communication to customers such as ESA.
• Developing new capabilities and functionalities for the evolution of RHEA’s software products.
Skills and Experience
The following skills and experience are mandatory:
• University degree in Software Engineering or equivalent.
• Willingness to provide user interaction and support with a client-oriented, dynamic and proactive attitude.
• At least 2 years of demonstrated experience in software development.
• Required experience using:
• Excellent communications skills, with very good written and spoken English.
• Experience in databases (SQL), XML, web services, user interface design.
• Experience in technical document writing.
• Software product support and maintenance experience.
• Proven ability to work within a team.
• Desired experience with any of the following:
● MS Office and MS Office development (macros, interop)
● XML, WSDL
● MS Windows environment (registry, COM, etc.)
● Software Configuration Management systems (e.g. SubVersion and Git)
How to Apply
Looking to take your career to the next level? Interested applicants should submit their CV and Cover Letter to RHEA Group’s Recruitment team at email@example.com no later than 28/08/2019.
Preference will be given to candidates eligible for an EU or national personal security clearance at the level of CONFIDENTIAL or above.
About RHEA Group
RHEA Group is a leading engineering consultancy firm with demonstrated expertise in space, system- and secure software solutions.
We attract skilled engineers, scientists and management professionals; and offer a range of exciting career paths working alongside clients such as the European Space Agency, the European GNSS Agency, EUMETSAT and NATO.